In California: State to ban sale of new gas-powered cars by 2035

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I am sure that California will not be the only state to do this. Others will follow soon as they always do. Liberalism has infected this whole country more than any virus could ever. Liberals will not stop until they control every aspect of everyone's life for what "they" believe is correct. Any other view is not to be tolerated. I always thought if your idea was better, people would naturally gravitate to it, you didn't need to force it on another person.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/california-gov-newsom-order-bans-gas-diesel-cars-by-2034

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
"GM Will Have 12 Electric Vehicles Soon, Releases Details on Them"

We are on the door step of an Electricity crisis here in the US and they want to make more Electric cars??
What crisis is that? I can't find any information anywhere that there is an issue other than what California is dealing with due to the record heat wave and fires messing with the grid. Here in Iowa we produce 37% of our electric power from wind which leads the nation. We can't put enough of these wind turbines up and the largest electrical supplier here plans on 100% wind generation in 30 years.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
What crisis is that? I can't find any information anywhere that there is an issue other than what California is dealing with due to the record heat wave and fires messing with the grid. Here in Iowa we produce 37% of our electric power from wind which leads the nation. We can't put enough of these wind turbines up and the largest electrical supplier here plans on 100% wind generation in 30 years.
By then climate change will make the wind stop blowing.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Let's hope. If one guy gets to write the laws it's a mess. Probably needs some credibility these days.

Oh, and I forgot:

no guns
more homeless and garbage

The Supreme Court has already allowed a single individual to write a law that was illegal, then when it was challenged, they let it stand. Obama's DACA Executive order was, and is illegal, and the Court said so. However they refused to have it removed. Only Congress can make or change laws governing immigration. "ALL" Executive Orders from "ALL" sides need to be stopped. They circumvent our system. Chaos can only ensue ultimately. Our system sucks at times, and the roadblock is ridiculous, however executive orders will only make it worse.

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The irony of ironies is California as a whole is responsible for something like 0.05% of CO2 emissions. So, if their emissions drop to 0, their effects of 0.05% of 2 degrees is 0.10 degrees. They are so going to benefit for the cooler temperature they induce by not having any CO2 emissions.
Too bad they won't be able to measure the difference with a thermometer.

wristpin

Well Known Member
Newsom should write executive orders stating China has to reduce emissions by 75% and the smoke from CALIFORNIA FIRES stays within Californias borders.