In search of 1961 Impala convertible rack hardware

Impalabricker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey guys I'm helping a friend locate parts for his 61 Impala convertible project, he's looking for the hardware to install the rack and whatever else is needed. I've looked online and can't seem to find anything for the 61, are they interchangeable, or is the hardware available at say and Ace hardware store? Thanks

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
What is he missing from these pictures ? I assume he has a top rack. What is on the bottom of the top rack?

There are two brackets attached to the top rack inside the supports that the top rack bolts to.
The large washer bolts on the top support structure mount to the brackets that are inside the support structure on the bottom of
Paul

PVS361.jpgPVS362.jpg top rack.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Thanks guys for the complements. I enjoy passing on the information -having done 5 frame off restorations on 1962 Impala 327 and 409 show quality restorations over the last 20 years. Many items apply to 61 to 64 years.

Here are better pictures of the convertible top mounting from the last 2 of the restoration I did -which were TWO-1962 Chevy Impala SS 409 Convertible restorations over 4 years 2 at the same time for 2 years (one Roman Red and one Nassau Blue).

last picture of the top motor rubber hoses and wiring to motorP1010344.jpgP1010348.jpgP1010346.jpgP1010347.jpgP1010352.jpg

Paul