Inaugural 348-409 National Convention Schedule

Obnxs1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Wrench,

I didn't get a reduced rate either. I think maybe we were a little late and these guys took all our rooms on us. :cry

That's OK though. The $149 wasn't outrageous and the extra money is worth it for the fact that I'll actually get to see if dq is as ugly as I've heard he is. :D

AHAH ! .... I thought it was a good idea to book immediately when I saw Phil's original post :deal !
I'm in there ( at the reduced rate :p ) for evenings of Sept 16, 17, 18

Now this old stocker BETTER NOT embarass me :eek: ;)

59fins

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Hey Phil...
Did Bob book a room??? What's it going to take to get him there? He is always seems avoiding this issue..... or do you know something we don't :D

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Booked.

I have rooms on courtesy hold at a number of different motels while I research the area . Aubrey, I'll be by your pit area in the Impala running off the headers so don't get scared, hee hee! :D

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Embassy Suites rooms

I called the Embassy this morning....Adam, you now have the $99 rate!! The lady didn't know why you were given a higher rate. She said you went thru Central Booking and that's probably where the mixup. So now you have a couple of hundred extra to spend!!

Wrench...the CNV code is good!! Don't know the mixup there either. My suggestion to any of you...just call the hotel direct and you can make sure everything is the way it's supposed to be!! 816-891-7788 BE SURE TO TELL THEM YOU ARE WITH THE 348-409 NATIONAL CONVENTION TO GET THE REDUCED RATE!!!

Let me know if you have any further problems.

Oh Adam......NICE RIDE!! For all of our bikers here...the Kansas City Harley-Davidson Assembly Plant is only ONE MILE from the Convention!!!! They have tours daily so you can go over either Wed. or Thurs. MORE OVERLOAD FOR THE SENSORY SYSTEMS IF YOU HAVE A 348 OR 409 AND A HARLEY!!!!! They make V-Rods, Sportsters and the Dyna series here!!

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Adam, Just look for the long gray haired, rotten buck toothed, coke bottled, orange HD shirted, narley dud drooling on the hi-po cars !!!

I am waiting on this stupid check to come in so I can fatten my bank account and reserve that room !

Got a little lean getting all these cool upgraded parts for the rebuild !!!

Funny how the timing is always off on the incomeing and outgoing of the money thing !!!,,,,,dq

BTW,,,, Thanks Phil for working with me,,,,,

Obnxs1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Phil,

Thanks for looking into that for me and getting the reduced rate. Now I've got some extra money to buy beer for the guys (though you'd all better get there quick since I've got a feeling dq can burn through free beers pretty fast) and get a couple more HD shirts on my way down (the wife will love that since I went a little overboard on the Daytona trip). :D

But I think I see the problem with Wrench and I not getting that rate. Your reply to Wrench: "Wrench...the CNV code is good!! "

The first post about the hotel said to use NCV for the code. That's what I used and I think Wrench did too.

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
da code

But I think I see the problem with Wrench and I not getting that rate. Your reply to Wrench: "Wrench...the CNV code is good!! "

The first post about the hotel said to use NCV for the code. That's what I used and I think Wrench did too.

Yep!

:cool:

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks for the offer !! I think I should be able to do it the first of next week,,,
If not i might take you up on it !!

Phil,,, how many rooms are set aside and how many are left ??

,,,,, jim

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Just got my room!!!!,,,,,,, Found a little room under the maids quarters that they made me a heck of a deal !!! Only thing is they want me to fold those little corner edges on the toilet paper rolls :D !!!

found room on my Discover card !!!,,,,,,,dq :cheers

Obnxs1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
dq409 said:
Found a little room under the maids quarters that they made me a heck of a deal !!!

Hopefully you didn't give us all a bad name when you asked for the one with the peephole. :eek:

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
AHHHHHHH !!,,,,,,, I see you have rented that room alsoooo Adam !! heeee heeee

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
When I called for reservations, they said the 16th and 17th were OK, but the 18th was booked. They were going to check with a different hotel, but finally said they would "force" my reservations for the 18th and give me the discount rate. I am not sure what that meant, but I think the "block" of 20 on the 18th may have already been booked.

Anyway I am glad I did not wait any longer.

Ron

Obnxs1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
bobs409 said:
I think that means they are going to kick DQ out early so you can stay.

You don't want that. :eek:

Give dq an extra day and he's bound to show up on Bob's doorstep.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I think they have some communication problems at the hotel !! They had a problem getting me the discount on Wednesday but I just kept at it and she got the right person and answer,,,,,

Rich64SS

Well Known Member
The Convention got mention in the May '04 Chevy Rumble as one of a few special events that you may enjoy and that they may attend. :cheers

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
I've been away for a few days on business and it's great to see all the fun and excitement we're in for at KC. Great job Phil.

I will be travelling in with my tenament on wheels(pulling the 62 of course). Are there any places close to plug the into? I've looked in a couple of campground guides but have only seen one park but I don't know how close it is to the action. If anybody else is coming in a motorhome where are you planing on staying? Any help or ideas will really help.

By the way, I think I have another 62 409 from Oregon joining us. He's got to check his scheduling but he's gung-ho about going.