Inaugural 348-409 National Convention Schedule

The '62 fenders are a bit more complicated. The price for those would have to be around $6,000-$6,500 range. I'm only going by a picture. Having one in hand to look closely at would perhaps give a better idea of a trick or two to pull to ease fabrication.

Randy Ferguson
Metalshaping & Kustom Paint

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Welacome Randy !!

Would you be willing to post some details in how you make those beautiful fenders???

Not to copy but to educate us on your craftsmanship and metal working skills to show how much work there really is in building a custom alum fender !!
Thanks,,dq

Hi dq,

I would be happy to. I can't tonight though, as I'm trying to get this thing finished up so the owner can have it this week. I'll try to get to it in the next couple days though. It would be nice if pictures could be imbedded in the text here. It's much better for tutorials than having to open each picture. Surely there's a better place to post the tutorial as well. I fear we're getting off topic here!! Any suggestions??

Randy

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Randy, I have a paid membership on a web picture host site I`d be glad to share for this.
You upload the pictures to the site then can add the URL anywhere on the page as you type here.
Send me an email if this will help and I`ll give you details,,,dq

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Gee Randy, that looks easy. Mayby I'll whip up a set for my 62 this weekend... NOT! :stooges :help :roll That's really a terrific job you've done there and thanks for posting the link. :cheers

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I just re-checked the link and it works fine. Mayby there was a problem with your registration. They send an e-mail confirmation once you've registered.

348NUT

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Great work!

Randy, you did a great job on that fender! :clap I like forming and fitting panels,but have nowhere near your skills, You are gifted. Like anything else, I'm sure each one will take less time. Thanks for sharing! NUT

Did you get in yet dq? I came up with the same message, but when I closed everything and went back in it went right to it. :dunno

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I never did get the link to work. Got all my security settings to high for some sites but did find it on the forums.

WOW !!! What a craftsman !!!!

I didn`t realize that you make these in pieces,,,, but after seeing how its done it makes it clear how much work is involved.

Randy, want to hire me as an apprentice ?
I would love to be able to do stuff like that !!!

Maybe if I learned how to do simple metal work I could even quit using mail boxes as hood scoops !! :D
,,,dq

Hi Guys,

Thank you all for the positive comments. I'll be starting on the left fender soon and I'll keep you posted with results if anyone is interested.

Randy