Inaugural Super Chevy Show at National Trail (NHRA)

How about this for a July Event?

• Total voters

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I believe Loreen hope I spelled that right Rickys wife has all the stats. I've got a couple of pics but that's it.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Ok guys,
Im sitting here pulling my hair out
what broke Ray?
How fast did you go Bryan?

Steve

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
The short story ( it was a interesting weekend) Best time of the weekend was a 11.53 prior to the third round. I dialed a 11.55 in third round yesterday and ran a 11.45 completely out of the gas as I had the other guy by 2 1/2 cars. I did get both tires off the ground in a great pic.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Ok guys,
Im sitting here pulling my hair out
what broke Ray?
How fast did you go Bryan?

Steve
Something inside the engine sounds like it's seizing up. Squealing noise and engine smells bad. Car was slowing down every run. I knew something was wrong but couldn't figure it out, even tried rejetting. After the last run the engine would not idle. I thought it was just bad driver on my part. Used up all my excuses for why I wasn't running good from jetting to bad shoes. It may be related to the loss of the oil screen pickup last year. I'll know for sure if it's a rod or main bearing. Out comes the engine for the fourth time in four years! I will build it better and a little faster this fall. I have a few ideas for a good combination. Bryan Fugate beware. Every one at the track was as usual best friends. We all had a ball. If I decide to make another meet I'll load up the GTO. I'll bet it would look wicked with headers and slicks! I want to thank everyone for their help and putting up with my whimpering and sniveling. There's always next year! I'll never give up. That's why I always build my own, no one else to blame. Good news is there was good pickings for the buzzards after the engine took a crap, lol.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey Guys I'd like to thank everyone for coming to this event, as usual you put on one Helluva show. The Super Chevy guys would like for us to come back next year so be thinking about it. Myself and Linda had a great time, and special thanks to Loreen for keeping all the black trash cans out of the way, :confused and to Ricky for keeping an eye out for everybody's truck for some reason he kept wanting to check them...........:pokeLonnie, Scott and Karen for putting up with all of us again :bow...
thanks to Dave (Iowa 409 Guy) and his wife for coming they drove the farthest. Thanks to Bryan Fugate for keeping us all on our toes :poke Thanks to Jim and Val, always nice to see them they always seem cheerful and happy, Fathead ........well what can you say about Fathead, he's one of my favorites don't know if its him or the car. and my favorite car to watch was Bo's SOOO SAAAD!!!Impala, just something about that car.............Guys it was fun and I look forward to the next time, thanks to all of you for letting me be part of this great group of people.......................... Now I gotta go before Scott Hall sees I'm not working on the car...........:wax

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Mary and I had a great time. Just want to thank Martin for picking up the ball and running with it for the race. Great job. Nice to meet Martin, his wife(forgot her name), Rick and Loreen, Karen Hall, Bo and Rick, Jim and Val, Brian, Ray's brother Dean and friend Denny. Also nice to talk to Ray, Lonnie and Scott again.
The low point of my weekend came when I had to pay Ray off the three fingered bet when he beat me. But, as they say, something good comes from everything. Actually 2 good things came from losing the bet. The first was Ray could hang meat in his camper, so I hung out there for a while. The second thing I learned was how to stretch out an adult size bottle of JD(which was actually Brian's, I believe). Ray taught me, at least on two occasions on how to pour the JD with the LID ON the bottle...............:taunt:beer:beer
I also want to thank Brian for helping me out with the MAD guy from Columbus when I was giving him "the business". A fun time that involved a person of color, good conversation, lots of laughs, and some of the best wings I have ever eaten..................:lmao:laugh2:laugh2:laugh2

A good weekend with great folks.