Incandescent bulbs

El Rat

Well Known Member
Was under the brown biscuit with my semi modern day drop light (fluorescent) and couldn’t help thinking about how many incandescent bulbs I broke during the early days...100s probably. What say you?C61FA6AA-CD76-4AC9-A08C-1BFA78328447.jpeg

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I say beside 's burning arms , hair on your head, burning carpet in cars, dropping them and popping ,yes they are worthless. I got to where if I did under dash work for a long period, I would string a extension cord and plug in a florescent light. No burning .

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I remember, back in the late 60's, a local Mobil station, where we used to get our gas, burned down, because of a incandescent bulb.:eek1 A mechanic left a droplight, hanging under a motor, with a dripping Fuel Pump, then had to go outside and take care of Gas customer's. :doh In about 15 minutes, the whole bay was on fire.:eek3:yikes

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
If I am remembering correctly one of those lights being dropped and breaking the bulb is what caused the feed mill to explode years back in the town just north of me.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Yep, working in a dealership you would hear a light hit the floor,pop quite often. Parts guy would lay a bulb out . Even more scary was when someone was pulling a fuel tank with car on lift and some gas dribbles on floor and they drop the light. I saw it happen once ,guy was lucky.:yikes