Indiana Event?

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
They would of starved if they ate fish.
They would if I were doing the fishing. I was a master angler when I was a kid. Now I barely remember when to fish based upon weather conditions. MY WIFE! She is the master at it now. I might catch more fish but one of her lunkers always makes me look bad. That's why her Large Mouth Bass is in our Aquarium and not one of my catches.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I used to be much better and had a boat. Not anymore. Most of my fishing is through two feet of ice a few times a winter.
My wife wants to go ice fishing really bad but I'm not a fan. Hut or not its pretty boring. She also doesn't like to just let the bait sit. She is at home with a crank bait or anything that has to keep moving. Bobbers drive her nuts. She won't just leave it. I think she would love fly fishing.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ice fishing can be boring at times but I am still amazed that something is alive and pulling on my line under all that ice and snow. I usually have a dead stick and one jigging rod. I keep the jigging rod active the whole time trying different movements like shaking in place, pounding the bottom, ripping it up 1-3 feet and variations in between. I also use a flasher so that keeps me entertained. It's interesting to see how fish are reacting to the lure and that's something you can't do with open water. Also being able to stay on one exact spot is and advantage. I find it especially exciting to be able to drive miles out onto a lake in a car. It's a funny feeling.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Back in 1976 this is how we ice fished. Drill a small regular sized hole with an auger, then toss in a 3.5"X16" stick of Tovex and stand back. 1976 and 1977 were the only two years anyone drove cars on this river. There were 4 - 5 parked out of sight.iceCrop.jpg

Last edited:

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Back in 1976 this is how we ice fished. Drill a small regular sized hole with an auger, then toss in a 3.5"X16" stick of Tovex and stand back. 1976 and 1977 were the only two years anyone drove cars on this river. There were 4 - 5 parked out of sight.View attachment 78082
I remember that winter very well. Many raced home built ice boats and an employee of mine landed his plane on the river! A 50’s era fabric wing Mooney I’m not even sure if the plane is still around (N1QT)
Robert

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Indiana? who said indiana? Better get my focus on the biscayne. View attachment 78476
Don't forget Ohios right next door and you'll see some Z11s and get to meet Hayden, Wally Bell, Dave Colbert and the two big bullies Ray barnhart and Dave Coots lol. Hope something works out for Indiana! I plan to be there with a convoy if the dates work out.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
No, last time I was there was to Springfield for my Grandson's graduation from Missouri State. When I do travel to places like Kansas, Iowa, and Missouri, it makes me appreciate how far/often you guys come this way. You would agree how disappointing it would be if only 15 cars showed up.

Sometimes it takes more than one gathering to make it a big event.