Intake Manifold Oil Splash Guard/Pan

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I read through some of the older post here, however I still have a few questions. I want to remove the oil splash guard on an 881 intake to refinish it and the carbs. I read about SS, aluminum, and steel rivets/drive rivets. I have used plenty of rivet, just not this type. I did see some post that Show Cars, GM, and McMaster Carr, to name a few sell them. So here are my questions. Best place to get them, and which ones ( SS, steel, aluminum ) ? And most importantly and my real concern is; besides an interference fit, do this come with some kind of sealer, Loctite, etc, to help keep them in? I am concerned that when I pull them out that some may be, or become lose. And when I put new ones in I don't want them vibrating out. Any suggestions, would be appreciated.

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
My 62 or 64 as I’m not sure what year 881 I have as they are press in pins. You could call them rivets.
When I cleaned my 881 I did remove the splash cover.
When I reassembled the splash cover I marred up the same pins slightly.

Dave

427John

Well Known Member
I've had pretty good luck reusing them if you use pliers to twist them as you pry them out and then use a center punch about an 1/8 inch around the edge of the hole to swedge the hole smaller.Make sure to clean out any oil in the hole before putting in the loctite.The center punch thing works on cast iron and aluminum.I had no idea you could find them new.