Intake rear breather

Mark Steele

Well Known Member
Thanks 409 men. One of our 409 racing men gave me a great idea how to make one very inexpensively. I'm going to go in that direction. Yes, that 283 would do the job. Thanks everyone. Regards, Mark

Mark Steele

Well Known Member
Thanks Jim and David, what I'm going to do is use a PCV valve and mount it in a rubber grommet. The PCV valve will have a 90 degree on it which I will route to the back of the carburator. Thanks.

Mark Steele

Well Known Member
I've been thinking I'd take the guts out of the PCV. It didn't have one before, just a straight line to the ground.
You're just the guy I need to ask this question. When I get ready to put the new original dual quad intake on, I see it has a hot air passage from the exaust on each side going up through the intake. I've heard that I should block this off. I'm planning on taking some stainless sheet and making an oversize flat plug which will be secured by the intake manifold gasket. I've heard that you can buy a racing gasket that already has this feature in it, You are a great man of ideas, do you have any suggestions? Thanks

La Hot Rods

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I did the same with a piece of thin.
If you have a vacuum hose coming from the rear of the carburetor you will have to have a PCV valve or you will have a big vacuum leak.