Interesting sound deadening material

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Pulled the sail panel head liner out so I can get to the rear window trim and at first thought I had found a mose nest of cotton. They like to take the cotton and burlap out of rear seats and make nests. Small one above glove box. I was wondering how the heck they could get up there. Well the cotton seemed kind of dense and had fishnetting aorund it! There were two pieces in 90 degree L shapes each side!

Attachments

• DSC_0380.JPG
    DSC_0380.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 35

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Just plodding away on the inside of this car and new twists all the time! I also stripped off all the crappy window tinting this weekend. Previous owner I bought a whole new glass set from as he thought the glass was bad. Just scratches in the tint! So some good news. The freaking back window had 2 layers and the one on the glass was not coming off!

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Talking about shag and wagons in high school a buddy of mine and I bought a '52 or 53 Chevy wagon body(had an enclosed tube driveshaft). We towed it from south Dallas to north Dallas where we lived by a swingset chain with me in it to steer. We refinished the factory interior wood paneling . My Grandmother had a carpet store so we got some extras form her shag and recarpeted it. Buddy got tired of it so we sold it to a guy in our school that put a hot 6 cylinder and 4 speed and a 55 Chevy rear in it and got it running! So a true Shag wagon! same buddy whilw we were in college bought a Henry J body with a front axle we were going to put one of my 409s in for a gasser be he tired of that project too.