Interior foam for seats

w ogden

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have received my seat upholstery and would like to know if anyone makes a foam kit specifically for the 64 Chevy BelAir or do you just buy a block of foam and shave it to fit the contours?
I have been working on getting the interior cleaned up and have been working in different areas. Got the door panels done myself and last week I knocked out the trunk. Still have to cover the tank hump and add a filler for the well then I will carpet the floor to match the carpet I have used for the interior. Those side lamps in the trunk came out of a Chrysler T&C van that we cut the roof out of for a '31 Ford sedan a friend is building. Pic attached as I know everyone likes pics.:brow

trunk3.jpg

Last edited:

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks Dan. I have emailed them for info.
Let us know what it looks like. I am glad you posted this it made me look for foam...:deal I need foam for 62' Starfire bucket seats and it appears no one makes it. The seats are the same as Impala but the foam is much different. I was going to try Auto Interiors by Harry Samuel http://www.autointeriorsbyharrysamuel.com/ or maybe just have the upholsterer make it...:dunno

w ogden

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I am waiting for a call back from them and then I will let you know how I make out.
Thanks for the comments on the trunk. I have done two cars now so I am far from knowing what I am doing but am willing to try anything. Now if I had a walking foot sewing machine I could really get into trouble. LOL

w ogden

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I am waiting for a call back from them and then I will let you know how I make out.
Thanks for the comments on the trunk. I have done two cars now so I am far from knowing what I am doing but am willing to try anything. Now if I had a walking foot sewing machine I could really get into trouble. LOL

I ordered seat foam from Ciadella's I sent it back, cost me $90. Just foam, no contours to it, just blocks of foam. You may have have better luck, but buyer be were.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4

Any sort of Sewing machine gets me in trouble, put the needle right through my thumb nail and out the other side while learning to sew at school:oops

Decided that women have smaller thumbs and are therefore more genetically suited to sewing than i and and i have stuck to that since:hide

Steve

w ogden

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I emailed Ciadella and have never heard back from them despite their claim of a two hour turn around!! Guess I will look at Hubbard next.

w ogden

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That may surely have put a dent in the works out there. I will call them then and see if they can provide the foam

TIREDIRN

Well Known Member
w ogden, your trunk turned out great!
I would like to do my 61. Do you have photos and or discription on what you used for braces and panels and how it goes together.
Thanks
Gary

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Just a heads up but a buddy of mine ordered a complete interior for a 64 bel air through Hubbards which sources their interiors from Ciadela. After about 3 months, the interior arrived at his house but its an impala interior on bel air door cards and impala seat covers :doh Gotta send the whole thing back! Car is scheduled to be at the World of Wheels in Feb! Yikes!

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That's bad !
I wonder if they have a new staff, and don't really know what their doing ?
3 months is a long time, and then to end up with that ! Man ! :eek