Iowa 348/409 Drag Race July 23,24, & 25 at Onawa Dragway $ 4000 payout now….to the racers

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
We are going to be staying at the Onawa KOA campground from Friday until Monday morning. We will have a cabin with A/C on the lake to go fishing and a big pool for the kids to play in. Either way, its just on the West side of the interstate and about 10min from the track. Here is the information if anyone wants it.
https://koa.com/campgrounds/onawa/

There is also http://www.onurwarvpark.com/ just up from the Drag strip itself. We don't have a generator for our pop-up camper yet otherwise we would probably stay at the track. My mother broke her wrist and isn't going to venture far from home so no big camper to stay in this time. We can't wait! See everyone there!

Keep in mind Onawa Dragway doesn't have electrical hook-ups so you must run a generator while there. They do have a large air conditioned event center where we can eat or get away from the heat itself.

We are still to far out to tell what the weather will be like but as soon as we get good reports in we will post them here. Rain or shine this is going to be a fun weekend for all!

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
LAST CHANCE: I have an original dual quad intake manifold with AFB carbs in good condition (just haven't been cleaned up) if anyone is interested. Took them off my 62 when I switched to Edelbrock. Had them on the site for sale a few years ago. If anyone is interested let me know will send pictures & numbers. Willing to let go at a reasonable price + there won't be any shipping cost. Also have the following items which I can bring with me if anyone is interested, will let go at reasonable price(just taking up space in my garage can send pictures if needed): Comp Cams Ultra Pro Magnum roller rockers arms 1.7 ratio (only have 15 one was destroyed when engine blew, in good condition & have 16 locking nuts). Global West 1958/64 upper trailing arm brace from kit VTC-95. Trick flow TSF-21418700-8 3/8 x 8.70 push rods, like new. Hotchkis 1958/64 Chevy B-Body adjustable upper trailing arm SKU 1213, new but box has been opened. Let me know if interested & will bring with me Thanks. See you all in a few weeks.

Joel

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
$4000, that's right! We have had a private doner just step up and give us an additional 1000 reasons to come and have fun at Onawa Dragway. He is a big fan of the cars and wants to see them blast down the track as much as we do. If you don't walk away with money in your pocket at Onawa then you didn't come! Can't wait!
ONAWA-EVENT 4000.jpg

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Engine is not assembled yet, but should be barring any unseen problems.....:hide:hide

Any forum members stopping by, please introduce yourselves...I ain't as grumpy as I sound.....:winnerView attachment 96177
If you walk up on ole Cooter and he’s knocking back some cackle juice and has a scowl on his puss after losing to a small block ford on a red light, don’t get within grabbing distance or he’ll snatch you up and crush you into powder, just like his company race name, “The Crusher”! He eats nails for breakfast.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
If you walk up on ole Cooter and he’s knocking back some cackle juice and has a scowl on his puss after losing to a small block ford on a red light, don’t get within grabbing distance or he’ll snatch you up and crush you into powder, just like his company race name, “The Crusher”! He eats nails for breakfast.
Ray......you ought be ìn charge of writing Cootsie's OBit!!!!!!!!!

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
So who can tell me the purse amount for the 409 guys now? It’s a little confusing and I was just curious, is the 4000 for the whole shoot out for all 409 guys or for the entire event all entered? All classes?

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I just received an additional $ 1000 from a good long term friend this week to add to our $3000 purse for a $4000 total purse.
All this money was donated only for our 348/409 racer and racers

• As the flyer states $ 1000 goes to the winner, donated by our local Chevy Dealer -Knoefler Chevrolet
  • Runner up gets $500
  • $500 will go the best reaction time ( these $ were required by one of my donors) from Saturday time trails - the track will keep track of this for us.
  • 1st round winners - $ 150 to $250 depending on the number of entries ( $200 with 12 entries)
  • 2nd round winners - currently $ 200 based on 12 entries
  • we are considering other options for the remaining $ of the $4000 purse including a hard luck award and another award…
we are considering a Pizza and Chicken for 5:30 PM Saturday - probably in the air conditioned large track building at the starting line ( it has tables and chairs ) - This is for all our racers those attending with them

remember that all 409 racers and one pit member get in free
additional persons are $15 per day or $25 for the weekend - entry by the racers gate paved entrance road

Paul