Iowa 348/409 Drag Race July 23,24, & 25 at Onawa Dragway $ 4000 payout now….to the racers

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I hope Bob can make it out. That trailer of his just needs to fix itself. If we can snag 13-14 cars for a first year event in the middle of no where. Think about how many cars will show up next year in the middle of now where. LOL! :burnout

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
HI Paul, got some bad news, won't, be able to bring the CASHguzzler to the Event this year. :furious:tantrum While fixing all things needed today, backing it out of my friends driveway for test drive , I caught my cutouts on a section of his raised driveway and it pushed my exhausted system forward and broke my right side exhaust manifold at the dump in the middle, huge hole. So upset, was getting ready to put it on the trailer to leave Monday for
the trip. I can't tell you hope upset I feel, upset isn't the word, I would use...! I think I
will drive and come anyway, I just don't want to miss this event. Anyone having a right
hand 62 409 Hight HP exhaust manifold for sale, bring it to the event, I might be able to buy it. Thanks, or trade something I have. Stan

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I have a low performance cast manifold that will get you down the track! I'd let you barrow headers from me but it would take to long to install and modifications might be needed. Best I can do is a good (low performance) cast pair I ran up at Tri-state in 2019 where Paul beat me last time. NOTE TO YOU! If you bring that broke manifold and its pieces, we have a machine shop here that can probably fix it. I'd run it over to them when I get back to DesMoines and check. They are very very good at fixing just about anything cast. I wouldn't take my blocks or heads anywhere else. I have a 690 that will be going to them right after racing. Has a crack in between two valves and they can probably fix it for me.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Stan,
which manifold did you break - the 925/926 exhaust manifolds - added to late 62 409 motors by GM ? Show Cars sells each side of these separately.
Or the 682/683 manifolds used on 62 409/409 HP engines ?

I have both sides 925/926 manifolds on my bench -one of them would bolt right up - until you find one or
get yours welded.
926 is the right side with the heat riser or a spacer “ I think” but not sure - I don’t have a right side (pass side) heat riser on my 409 convertible with 925/926 manifolds
I am only 28 miles north of the track - have a hoist - did you bend the exhaust pipe off the manifold?
Paul

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Thanks guys for all the helpful tips. I believe it's the 683, passenger side, early design, that I bought from you, way back when I bought the 409 and parts. One of those unforeseen
accidents. I do see them on E-bay and on different places, but at about 5'oclock after
a long day working on the car, we just left it up,on the hoist. We'll get the exhaust off the
passenger side and put it in the trailer and take it back to my house in the morning. Dino is a great friend to me, who built my 409 and has really helped me with all my work, only lives 3 miles from my house.
Tomorrow will take another closer look at it, ? You never know, I might get it there. stan:good

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I’m very sad to say that I won’t be attending the race with my latest ride. BUT i will be bringing one of my most favorite past rides, mine and Ronnies 62 Nova. I got a couple of laps in yesterday and got reacquainted with it. Car runs 6.40s in the eighth mile. On my last run of my last outing with my car i noticed oil pressure was lower at idle than I’m used to so last week drained the oil and found more metal than I’m used to seeing in the pan. It’s mostly aluminum. I didn’t want to risk it and will address it when i return. See you guys next week.:winnerThanks to my best buddy Roger Robinson360355C3-82D5-49F7-B0DA-C7325C6ACD56.jpeg

Last edited: