Iowa 348/409 Drag Race July 23,24, & 25 at Onawa Dragway $ 4000 payout now….to the racers

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Not to instigate but...shouldnt there be little brass plaques on that seat so past winners are rememberfied?
So far its only my name on it so the piece of paper taped to the back is good enough. The Brass will come as soon as I can get someone else's name on it. I've thought about posting the reaction times too. My first one was in the .450 second range if I remember right. This last weekend was .320sec. First one was lack of experience and the last one was car died on launch and slowly rolled through the light. Thankfully Nathan helped me get Paul's carbs swapped out with mine.

Last edited:

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Didn't win any races, but didn't lose any either. Had a great time listening to how fast
each guy's car "could" have gone, lf only this didn't happen, or that didn't happen,
LOL...My favorite laugh was when they gave out the CASH reward for fastest reaction time.!
It went to the oldest guy there. Mr. Barry. What a nice guy he is, always has time to chat
and spend time with newcomers, thanks Barry. A warm welcome also to the Gerry with
the fastest 409 in the Country, he too was extra nice and friendly, as I was parked next to
him. It's part of the 348/409 club I guess, to be friendly and outgoing to other's in the car circle, which helps spread the joy. A special thanks to Paul and all his helpers for a great
show and dinner, and races, of course. There was one race I didn't like.... when I heard
someone on the track yelling )*&%%^&() words, standing by his 62 blue 409 on the track.
He could have been a "contender", he said. Great time, great people. Only 1610 miles 1way, but worth it. Next year have in Seattle, its cooler. thanks, CASHguzzler409

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
It was a fun time. Was nice to put some faces to some names. Got to meet Joel, Barry, Dean, John, Jeff, for the first time and catch up with some of the others I have met before. Got 14-15 runs in to get some good seat time in the car. Thanks Paul and Randy for setting this up.
I'm still recouping. Pushed it a little to hard over a two week period of racing and chasing dreamy chevy parts. Did 1700+ miles from Friday night to Sunday night. I'm getting to old for this. :D I really wanted to run against Paul but it wasn't meant to be. Besides I'm pretty sure he would have beat me. :winner