Iranian Nuclear Arms Deal

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I'm really not sure what motivates this guy. Just saw on the news that this "Summit" between NK and the US, might be in jeopardy if the US and SK continue their joint military drills. You know, we're this close to meeting face to face with this guy and perhaps something good can come out of it. Can't we suspend these drills at least till then, Carmine.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I'm pretty sure I already knew that Phil. Thanks though. My point being, we can always have these drills. The manpower, ships, planes, etc., aren't going to dissolve if we don't use them by a given time. In an effort to have a positive, constructive meeting with NK, I see no harm in scaling back or suspending them until after the meeting, even if it ever takes place. I'm not a proponent of Kim or NK, but we might have an opportunity coming up, to have some form of peace, and if reasonable (operative word), we should take advantage of it, Carmine.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Exactly right Lonnie. He is just posturing for advantage. even if we weren't having the exercises he would invent some other pretext for pulling out looking for some concesssions prior to talks.

Carmine, military equipment and manpower are like muscle mass, use it or loose it. Our warriors need to stay proficient or perishable skills decay. We've already seen that in increased accidents that cost lives due to lack of funding for parts, maintenance and flying hours. We can't afford to get behind because we may not be able to catch up in time. The Chinese are building their military and may soon control the South China Sea and other areas to our exclusion while our Navy lags farther behind.

wristpin

Well Known Member
Review the Paris Peace talks reguarding Viet Nam. Vietnamese selected PARIS because they had already defeated French militarily, politically and via the media. They knew if the french mediated that the Vietnamese would start with the advantage. They argued for months over table cloth color. The North Koreans have studied how to negotiated against The West. The West studies on how to negotiate with the West so they begin negotiations from a weak footing. Trump understands negotiating with The East. The problem is going to be all the entrenched Liberal Hate America Firsters working within the State Department.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Exactly right Lonnie. He is just posturing for advantage. even if we weren't having the exercises he would invent some other pretext for pulling out looking for some concesssions prior to talks.

Carmine, military equipment and manpower are like muscle mass, use it or loose it. Our warriors need to stay proficient or perishable skills decay. We've already seen that in increased accidents that cost lives due to lack of funding for parts, maintenance and flying hours. We can't afford to get behind because we may not be able to catch up in time. The Chinese are building their military and may soon control the South China Sea and other areas to our exclusion while our Navy lags farther behind.

Cecil, I believe what you say. I've never been in the military, so I don't know any better. It is my own personal opinion and more important to get Kim to the negotiating table, then how we arrived there. If he feels vilified that he back us down re. maneuvers, then so be it. To me, it doesn't matter if he wants bragging rights. So what??? As long as we have an objective in mind and approach and achieve it, I could care less what he thinks. I'm looking for a conclusion that is good for us; the world. He passed an olive branch to us but I still don't trust him completely.. He released 3 prisoners and began dismantling some nuclear sites. Guess that is a start. However anyone feels, it appears to be a moot point at this time. From what I just saw on the news, Trump cancelled the Summit meeting because of hostilities. Not sure what they are or mean. I'm beginning to think that this guy (Trump) is a war monger. Go ahead. Take my head off. It's ok. But, I think is this based on what I know at this moment. We really had an opportunity to sit down and at last meet with this guy. Nothing ventured. Nothing gained. But no more. Some apparently like the idea of conflict more then they do resolution. There will be no real winners in this. Just a different level of loss. I grew up in the 60's. Viet Nam War. My father and uncles in WW2 and Korean conflict. Growing tired of all this. Think about our children and grandchildren. I often wonder if they have much of a future?? I don't know. We maybe had an opportunity to eliminate some of this mystery, but not sure anymore. So, there you have it. It's really how I feel about things. I still love my 409 though :laugh4:laugh4:laugh4, Carmine.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Trump is playing chess.
As far as being tired of human conflict, get over it. Its human nature and always has been. About all we can do is try to manage it.

So, Trump is playing chess. I like chess. Play it often. Trump now wants to reschedule the possible summit meeting, which BTW, is a good thing. Sounds like to me that Kim had Trump in check. Careful with your king. Don't want to lose it. Hope it doesn't go to checkmate, Carmine.

Junkman 104

Well Seasoned Member
01e21598ce766237553af02af4fba5caaaa5b3f2d45c86efaf367610b816c483.jpg