Is This A Z-!!?

mark johnson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Has anyone else seen this '63 Impala with the heater delete and firewall block off plate for a possible cowl plenum air cleaner? E-Bay # 220423772875

dadz409

Z-11 were built on Impala body's only no SS's. So if this was possibly a Z-11 it would be a counterfeit SS.

mark johnson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yeah, i know a little about Z-11's. It would be easier to turn a Z-11 into a Super Sport than it would be to a Super Sport into a Z-11. I looked at a '63 4-door Impala in the junkyard a few years ago that was a factory A/C car that had been gutted and it looks to me that factory A/C cars had a similar opening above the heater box. Now I know 425 HP cars like this one didn't come with A/C but there's no telling what this particular car started like as. It just has some interesting parts and pieces including the extra upper control arm also.

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
that car (or one just like it) has been 4 sale forever. looks like it has made it from Virginia to OK.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Another case of...........here we go again!!!! Someone who is not "into" 409's but wants to make a splash or catch an unspecting bidder!!!!