It’s alive!

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Removed engine because of ring butting issue. Hone, rings, bearings, etc. Cooked heads on dyno. So new exhaust valves, all guides, valve job, and surface. Engine back in car. The clutch was redone with a few changes and now the counter weights hit the inside if the scattershield. Slice scattershied, heat/bend, weld back together, parallel ground and dial it in again. While doing that, I noticed the engine made a bad sound and sent a vibration through the engine when coming up on the #7 exhaust lobe. Swapped lifters and rockers with no change. Primed it while turning it over by hand with no change. Pulled the head and examined #7 exhaust and it looked fine. Pulled engine out again. Cam bearing looked a little funky but, not enough to cause the issue in my mind. Checked cam for straightness and polished. New coated cam bearings. Back together and noise is gone. No idea what that was about. So that is the VERY short story. I left out the crying and swearing. Now to get to the track before the Meltdown drags and see if my carb modifications will give me the fuel I need and hopefully solve the ring butting issue.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Only two times? Have fun at the Meltdown Drags, James and company will be there, but I won't be able to make the trek :(.

Cheers! TomK