It's been too long

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hello everyone.....it'll probably take me awhile to remember alot of you, but I use to post alot on Yahoo's 348 / 409 club site. I know CPG (Aubrey), DQ, and I'm pretty sure Bob use to be on there. Who all am I missing??? I'm looking forward to talking with all of ya'll and meeting new folks too. My car: 61 BelAir hardtop Black with a red stripe, and (mostly) red interior - currently running a 433" BBC and a TH400. I've got most of the parts I need to finally build a 409 for it, but it's all time and money. You guys know how that is. Is there anywhere to get fenderwell headers for a W-motor??
I'm a 34 year old single daddy with custody of my four kids so I don't get to mess with it much. It's down right now awaiting a rollbar and rear coil-over shocks. The rear suspension is staying mostly stock with just bolt on control arms and the coil-overs in basically the stock location. My front end is lightened to the point that I have no upward suspension travel so I guess I'm gonna put 66-67 Chevy II front springs in it. Cutting my stock ones will just lower the car....it'd still be topped out. I've been away from this stuff for too long!!! It's great to see aluminum 409 heads, new blocks, single plane intakes, lots of new fiberglass parts !!!! I'm loving it (alot more that McDonalds) LOL. How about a recipe for a 10 second stock displacement 409 in a 3400 lb car with an auto, 5000 stall convertor, 4.88:1 gears ? Any ideas???

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Welcome back!

That was a long time ago, way before I got hooked up with these guys. I joined after the Yahoo! group was established. So, hey, welcome back!

We've got a lot more members, more informaiton, and as you noticed, more replacement parts. Prices for 348 and 409 engines have gone up considerably since you've been away. Hang on to the stuff you already have!

I'm not sure how to make you car go 10 seconds, but I do have a lot of interest in the 1961 body style you've got :). I currently drive a pair of 62s, both with dual quad 409s, but also have a restorable 1961 BA sport coupe that came with a 348 three speed. That's a future project whenver I get more space and time (and money!).

Good to have you back aboard, we look forward to your contributions!

Cheers!
TomK

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome back , Recent thread on rear suspension mods. Fantastic information by guys who knows how it's done. Wow! you have a lot of "catching up" to do. Glad to have you back on board.