It's Cheaper Than Painting My Real Car !

Just for fun, I thought I'd post this...
Last year, I bought one of the 1/18 scale Maisto 62 BelAir die cast models, in turquoise.
Then I hunted on eBay, and came across an absolutely DISGUSTING flat black mopar "drag pack" challenger, that had the very same wheels as I have on my car... American Racing Trackstar:deal
AHAH !
So, I bought a quart of Dupont Nason acrylic enamel, in Corona Cream ( apparently called Sun Valley Cream in Canada ).
I FINALLY started tinkering with it.
Completely stripped the body to bare metal, with gun wash. scuffed it with steel wool. Applied a light coat of etching primer, and painted it.
I thought it turned out alright:dunno ?

I'll never be able to restore, or even paint my real car... but at least I can have an idea of what it would be like, all shiney:deal
my62belair409june302011showroomrfup50.jpg
62belair409stockermodelfeb162012rfup50.jpg
62belair409stockermodelfeb162012lr50.jpg

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
If you need a Decal, give me a dimension and I will make you one. Water slide or peel and stick?

Attachments

• bruneaulogo.jpg
    bruneaulogo.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 2
Thanks, Models ( with a name like that... what else ? ! )
I know if I could properly restore my car, I'd never put decals back on it, so, I'm on the fence about applying them here.
Then again... I want it to look like the car I have.
I took individual photos of the decals on the car, and I was going to simply reduce their size.
Trouble is, I need a clear background for each, which I can't do.

Maybe I can do that, Models ?
I could measure each decal on the car, calculate 1/18 of that dimension, and provide you with that ?
I may take you up on it:deal

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Damn!

That reminded me of that deal I made with models916! Sorry dude, life got in the way. I need to get off my dead butt and get those kits to you!

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Hey, CPG..... are you going make it authentic with the little blemishes too? If I did mine like that I'd have to leave the floor pans out of it! :laughI think I still have the rustiest 62 BelAir on earth.

BTW do you still have that old model engine mounted for display?

Heck no, Wrench:no... this is my dream of what I'd LIKE IT to look like:love

Engine mount for display ?
Might be appropriate, considering the car is always apart:p

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Just some straight on large clean photos of the decals and the dimension you want will do it.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Hey models..................

PHAST PHIL'S DEALS ON WHEELS, COLLECTIBLES, EXOTICS & LOAN COMPANY

Make them as big or small as you want!!!~!

chevy man

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
"PHAST PHIL'S LOAN COMPANY ?:rub
How about a couple hundred "til my brother straightens up"?:deal