It's time to play... Name that part! (second edition)

bobs409

Administrator
I have a rough idea but we'll see... Hit your plunger when you think you know the answer. :D

DSCN9821.jpg DSCN9822.jpg

bobs409

Administrator
Ok,,, so that rules out a bearing, spacer or gasket. We're making progress. :D Any idea of where this piece of trim would be found on a car and what year/make/model of car would that be? (he asked being as careful with his wording as he could be)

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Power steering hose clip, its that type. How much room under that inner bracket that is screwed on, room for 2 hoses? Maybe its Pontiac, they seemed to overdue their parts compared to Chevy, judging by the shifter stuff on Tripower's 60 Pontiac?

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Bob, I believe that is part of a bench seat. It screws to either the lower outside frame of the seat, or to the metal arm of the seat back , the arm that attaches the seat back to the lower seat on a two door hard top. Then the chrome seat molding (shell) screws to that bracket to hold the chrome seat shell. Check one of those bench seats you have, or take one of the chrome seat shells and fit it into the bottom of the seat shell to determine left or right. I am pretty sure that the bracket attaches to the metal arm of the seat back...

bobs409

Administrator
I was thinking for a seat too Mike but probably 59-60 as I've never seen one before. Below is what I think your thinking of for attaching the aluminum garnish trim for the lower seat:

DSCN9816.jpg

I redid my 63 bench seat and don't recall anything like the one at the top.

bobs409

Administrator
Power steering hose clip, its that type. How much room under that inner bracket that is screwed on, room for 2 hoses? Maybe its Pontiac, they seemed to overdue their parts compared to Chevy, judging by the shifter stuff on Tripower's 60 Pontiac?

I don't think it could be that. It looks like a seat or dash part. :dunno

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Do you know the answer or are you just making us do all the work?:read
He knows the answer and he is making us do the work. Hang in there Bob, Teachers are never appreciated, even though the amount of homework you keep issuing is ridiculous.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Interior garnish moulding " T " joint, probably on something odd like a 4 door hardtop or wagon

bobs409

Administrator
I was thinking for a seat but maybe it's not. The fact that it's painted does suggest a trim piece.

I need hard solid proof! :D