It's time!

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
2006 norwalk regional convention

Ray,aren't we getting a little anxious here :dunno It's 11 months before the next Blue Suede Cruise,but I'm game if you are :) Since your from Ohio,you can start a new thread in Convention Section and see where it go's,maybe we can get 30 members there in 2006 :dunno

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Norwalk

Well, barring anything unforseen, I'll sure be there. Kinda hard to plan that far ahead. I don't buy green bananas anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will say this. I had as much fun with this bunch at Norwalk as I can remember. Of course, I had met some of you at Kansas City, but Norwalk was really something spectacular. The comraderie, the help I received, The sitting around just BSing. Wish more of the guys on here could have made it. The date next year worries me, though. July can be brutal, as we know from this year. I guess we just got lucky and had perfect weather. Was good sleeping weather at night, and not too hot during the day.
I think maybe this next time, Ray will be dog meat at the 60 foot line :roll

Fred

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I'm in! But I'm also flexable if we want to try a different venue next year.

Dond409

Supporting Member 1
Date

I'm not real crazy about the July date. I remember how hot it was there. And that was early June. Although it was nice the way they accommodated all of us and let us all park together. Someplace else might not let us do that. The one thing I almost forgot we got to get Tony's rail approved so he won't get bounced.
Oh another thing the rumor is that there is going to be a convention in 2006 we should check on that. I would probably tow to the convention and bypass Norwalk or wherever we decide.

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Midwest Regional

Since we have the most members in the Midwest,do we have any other suggestions were to hold a club meeting place :dunno Bob since your the big boss on this site do you have any suggestions were to to hold a meeting :dunno

bobs409

Administrator
JimKwiatkowski said:
Bob since your the big boss on this site do you have any suggestions were to to hold a meeting :dunno

That's up to you guys Jim. Unless it's on the East coast, it's out of my reach.

BTW, I'm going to move this thread to the convention forum to keep all of our ducks in a row. :p

RPO587

Supporting Member 1
Norwalk was a great time, and I'm in again for there or any other location. Wouldn't miss it! :)
RPO

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Mark, ANY OTHER LOCATION???? I vote for Ladonia, Texas Ya'll come,, got big back yard for campers......... Populatin 600 3 beer stores 40 min. to drag strip... Just down the street from Ohio!!!!!!!!!!

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
A little drive

Ronnie, per mapquest, 930 miles from Middletown, Ohio, to Ladonia, Texas. Let's see, now. 1860 round trip, 10 miles per gallon towing, 186 gallons. Today, $2.53 a gallon here. Don't know about there. $470.58 just for gas. What really irritates me, is the fact that this is the first thing I thought about. This darned gas price is killing me. I drive a lot dealing in Real Estate. Can't get my credit card caught up, lately. I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking about this. I find myself trying to think of ways to combine trips. Last week, sat in line waiting to buy gas at $2.44. Waited 20 minutes. Now if you would have asked me if I would ever do that a year ago, I'd still be laughing.
In the past, I would just pick up and go just about anywhere. Now I find myself asking if it's worth the cost of the trip. A lot of it is just state of mind. Hate it.
Would love to see Ladonia, Texas. Just not sure it's in the cards at the moment!!!!!!!!!!!

Fred

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Fred,, I didnt say it was a short street. Much easier if I load up the wife and make the trip up there. Sorta wanted to see what its like up there in the " north country" anyway... Besides Ive already threatened Barry with his life. Told him he would have to take off a week next spring or summer to drag the Chevy II up there .. Hope to be in the 9s with the new motor. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
BS sessions. Nothing more fun amongst new friends

Ronnie, no more than we want to meet you, believe me. Would love to sit around a campfire and listen to your stories. Might be able to add a few, myself.

All kidding aside, there are about 5 strips around here, or within 150 miles. 3 within 40 miles, and then on out. There is a strip at Clay City, Kentucky, that I would bet would be glad to have us. They run 1/8th and 1/4 mile, and I could guarentee that Tony Salins would be welcome. I know the people that run the track. They are the grandsons of the guy that built it in late 63. Very nice people. It's just east of Lexington just off the Mountain Parkway, which is just off I-64 just east of Winchester. If anyone saw the DVD I made off the films, it's in there, and not changed a whole lot. Return road is paved, now. Didn't use to be!!!!!!!!!! Same tower building. Really good people. Just throwing this out as a thought.

Fred

Tony Salins

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hi Guys, Bonnie and I will be at the next gathering anywhere East of the Rockies. Illinois also has a lot of Dragstrips that would love to have us for a weekend. Fred that track in Clay City sounds great I for one would love to meet there.

Gas prices hurt everyone I'm just trying not to think about them :cuss :cuss . Funny thing racing fuel hasn't gone up in price in about 3 years, something just doesn't make "cents".

Ronnie , would love to to have some Texas competition (story telling and racing) up here in the North. It would be an honor to race you. :bow :bow

Tony & Bonnie

P S With all the cars that raced at Norwalk and all the cars that are being built we could have one hell-of-a eliminations between our selves.

RPO587

Supporting Member 1
Quote: "Mark, ANY OTHER LOCATION???? I vote for Ladonia, Texas Ya'll come,, got big back yard for campers......... Populatin 600 3 beer stores 40 min. to drag strip... Just down the street from Ohio!!!!!!!!!!"

Ronnie,
I'd be happy to come down to Texas for a little racin', but probably won't have a "W" machine to run. I'd just hop in my oilburner and head on down getting 55+mpg. :D No problem! Whatever the venue, I look forward to meeting you in person.
Mark

BlueSwede

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Gas prices!?

Guys.....just could not resist :cool:

You talk about gas prices 2,5$ per gallon :D

Just did a quick calculation and in Sweden the price converted to $ per gallon is.....
are you ready for this.......................................
.........................................................................??????
It is 5,75$ per gallon!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are way behind here guys....

I guess thats why I drive a 348 and have 2,56 ration in the rear :roll :roll :roll
I´m starting to make planes for filling her up with the help of the UPS company :rolleyes:

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Tony Salins said:
Gas prices hurt everyone I'm just trying not to think about them :cuss :cuss . Funny thing racing fuel hasn't gone up in price in about 3 years, something just doesn't make "cents".

gas $1.10 before Bush
since 2004 oil companies profits up 244% :cuss

Go figure,,,,

Blueswade ,, YA GOT TO FIGURE IN TAXES !!! Most of the European countries tax the living s**t out of ya !!!!,,, dq

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
????????

If oil company profits were so good, why not buy all the stock in them you can? I haven't seen the stocks go up like you would think if the profits were that good. You know, if you sold something last year for a dollar, and made a penny profit on it, and sold it this year and made 2.5 cents on it, your profit is up 250 percent. But your profit is only 2.5 % of sales. Not very good. But the 250% increase looks big when it is put in the news and out of context. They better make a profit or we are all in trouble. Most companies that lose money go broke, and dissappear. Most of the cheap to get at oil has been pumped. Costs a lot of money to bring it up from 4000 feet. And to drill 4000 feet. Our biggest problem is refineries. EPA and the environmentalists in this country have prevented any new refineries from being built for over 30 years. Takes YEARS to get something like that done. I have heard that you can get permits and start to build in other countries within a year. Some oil company applied for a permit and gave up after 7 years. Not worth the trouble and cost. The problem is not within our elected government, it's the unelected government ( EPA, OSHA, and enviromentlists ) that are strangling our oil supplies. And the fuel regulations. Look at low sulfer diesel. there is a new rule to cut it even farther in a year or so. Doesn't come out for free. Costs money to refine the sulfer out. Up goes price. Same with reformulated gas we have to have now.
Only ones getting rich out of this are the Arab countries. They have most of the oil.
We have to pay what they want or walk. Simple as that.

Off the soap box now.

How you been doing, DQ? Ready to come east next year? How far would you come? Was KC about your limit? We might just be able to put something together again like last year, just don't know where yet. Haven't heard from Phil whether he is planning anything for next year. If there is going to be another convention, we better get cracking. Takes planning.

Fred