jeeps

scotty t

Supporting Member 1
J just E empty E every P pocket. i've got a 91 wrangler, 31"tires 2' lift nothing special, but it is one of the funnest cars i have owned. where i live it is FLAT! not many areas to 4wheel. anyone have a 4wd(no suv's or z71's)

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
"J just E empty E every P pocket. i've got a 91 wrangler, 31"tires 2' lift nothing special, but it is one of the funnest cars i have owned."

Yep.....my everyday driver vehicle is a '92 Wrangler. It'a a little different for a Jeep, hardtop, a/c, automatic and aluminum wheels with a set of redline radial tires. The redlines were from a GTO that I had few years ago. I also have a '83 CJ-7, hardtop, automatic with factory air.

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Many Jeeps over the years. I have even owned the same ones a couple of times. I now have a 64 Willys CJ 5. I just bought a 76 CJ 5 to disassemble for parts. I am also looking at another 64. The jeep I have now my buddy and I built for him in high school. Later I bought it from him and had it a few years. I sold it to a fella about 17 years ago. Last year I found out he still had it and bought it back. All those years it had sat in a barn. He had never drove it. I poured in some gas, put in a battery and drove it on the trailer. In high school I had a CJ 5 with a sbc and 40 inch Ground Hogs on it. Totally unstreetable! I removed some lift and ran 33 inch tires. I had to put 31 inch tires on it just so it would fit in the garage! Love Jeeps! Sorry to ramble. Brian

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
We have a saying in Oregun,,,

JEEPS are for Creeps !!!!!:roll

Put a V8 in an old Willy`s ,, or an old Scout or a old Toyota and then you have something !!!

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
We have a saying in Oregun,,,

JEEPS are for Creeps !!!!!:roll

Put a V8 in an old Willy`s ,, or an old Scout or a old Toyota and then you have something !!!

I did a frame off on a 67 Jeepster convertible, not to be confused with a commander, in 87' and still have it. I pulled out the buick V6 & 3-speed and fitted a 400 ci SB & 4-speed in it. Did a 2" body lift and 2" springs change out the front and rear differentials to late model Jeep with disc brakes then put a set of 33X10.5 15"aluminum wheels & tires on. Repainted the original yellow & white two tone and had all of the anodized aluminum trim chromed.

Attachments

• Picture 004 510x266.jpg
    Picture 004 510x266.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Picture 006 510x343.jpg
    Picture 006 510x343.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Picture 007 510x338.jpg
    Picture 007 510x338.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 73

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
DQ Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me!:roll I've had 5 cornbinders over the years, all v8 powered. Jeeps with v8 power, straight 6 power and 4 cylinder power. I have had the most fun with my 4 banger powered jeeps. Oh by the way :takethat for the Toyota remark . Tripower Very nice Jeep! We don't see many of those in my neck of the woods. Thanks for the pictures.

bubbletop61

Well Known Member
We've had a '46 CJ2A up north at the cottage for nearly 30 years, with the original side valve flathead. A couple of years ago the frame let go, and the springs in the back collapsed up into the frame. Must have been all the times I loaded a cord and a half of wet hardwood into it and drove out of the bush, over rocks etc...seriously. This thing is the real "magic wagon". My oldest son learned to drive in it, and it has done so much work over the years that I miss having it running. It will go anywhere, and then you put the chains & electric winch on it!

I bought another frame that has a good back end and I am just fixing to cut the two frames in half to make one good one, then we should be good for the next generation up north.:roll The next student driver is 15 now, and he needs to bang it off a few trees:dunno

These vehicles were an amazing invention, and quite the project given that they were built by 2 or 3 three different companies, but had fully interchangeable parts. ( Willy's, Bantam,and Ford) A buddy of mine is restoring a very early WWII Willy's Slat Grille right now.

Cheers and happy Four Wheelin'
Bubbletop61

60 Nomad

Well Known Member
I own the same 1946 Willy's Jeep my Grandfather bought new in '46. My Father and most of his brothers and sisters got their drivers licenses in the jeep. My Uncle and his wife drove the jeep on their wedding day. When we got married my wife and I decided to drive the jeep to the church. We were married at the same church and drove the same jeep they did. This jeep has been in the family since it was new in 1946. See Photograph.

Attachments

• jeep.jpg
    jeep.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 77

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
DQ Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me!:roll I have had the most fun with my 4 banger powered jeeps. Oh by the way :takethat for the Toyota remark .

:roll :roll :roll I thought that would get some blood flowing !!!:roll

Years ago many of my friends formed a 4X4 club and built and raced some serious modified 4bys,,
That was their slogan,,,, the jeep creep thing,,

Nothing personal,,, dq :D

bubbletop61

Well Known Member
60 Nomad;

Great story about the CJ2A, and the family. I like the pics, thanks. It looks like somone did this Jeep over for your wedding. The red chassis is pretty cool, I 've been thinking about doing something like this when repairing my frame(s).
BBTP61

bobs409

Administrator
Not a Jeep but better, I had a 69 Chevy Blazer K/5 4 X 4 when I was about 17. Couldn't afford the gas so I sold it. (it got about 10mpg) Sure wish I had it now. (mostly to resell it at today's prices!) Sold it for $1500. When I think what I could get for it today... :cry

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Last October, I transported a restored 42 Willys MB and Bantam Trailer from Salt Lake City to the Aerospace Museum Of California at the old McClellan AFB. The owner was a former Coastie and lovingly restored it in CG markings and donated it to our USCG Aviation Association when he died. I never had a lot of interest in them, but that sure was a quality restoration.

Jeep11.jpg

JeepDonner1.jpg

Jeep9.jpg

JeepDonner5.jpg

IMGP2074_edited.jpg