Jehovah Witness repellant

heddrik

Well Known Member
I love the one huckster that asks for $1000.00 "seed money" to essentially buy oneself a miracle financial windfall. I watch this guy for laughs once and awhile. These low life's prey on the poor, gullible and I'm guessing low IQ masses. I can't think of a more despicable creature that would con the faithful out of their last dime. And with no apparent consequence.
Oh, I promise you there are eternal consequences of the most severe kind. Wolves in sheep's clothing is what the apostle Paul calls them in scripture.

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
My wife and I and her sister and brother were left a nice cabin in Lake Arrowhead after her folks passed away, and we went up for a few days last week. In the village on the lake is a nice collection of shops,restaurants, a market, the usual stuff for visitors and residents alike. One of the little shops is a delightful little Christian book store. We always go in to browse a bit, on the shelf was a new book. In fact, it was released July 9th, so it was about the newest book I've probably ever bought. It was written by a young man named Costi Hinn. The last name gave me the willies, because benny hinn is the weirdest,worst,and most extravagant of all the shyster preacher creatures out there. This book was called,"God,Greed,and the Prosperity Gospel". I don't endorse too many books, but it's worth a look by all. Definitely a good read. This author told his own story of having been raised by his uncle and his dad in all of that, and how he got out of it at a young age.He really revealed those two for what they are, and admitted that is wasn't easy being a Hinn while growing up. I read the whole thing through at one setting, and my wife has scanned almost all of it. We both agree on all this,and the funny thing is that the greatest endorsements come from some of the most rock ribbed hard shell opposers of all the TV theology you will ever see. No, I don't watch Christian TV. I can't see letting those people come into my home via the airwaves and insult my intelligence. After all, like almost all of you,I have a life.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I don't trust the mega church's they might have started out with good intentions but sometime money corrupts. Copeland, Diplantis, Joyce Meyer, Osteen , Craplo Dollar and there's a crap load of them wanting your money and their not shy about it and with no apologies . I donate to the local Rescue Mission where I pretty sure the money is used properly.

Mark

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
Amazing how a thread that began as a Joke and Funny actually morphed into a rather serious discussion where people responded by opening up about a rather serious issue. Seems that the majority opinion reveals that most decent persons feel the same ways about a lot of things. If we had a religion run by democrats, it wouldn't be any more silly or corrupted than some of this stuff you guys mentioned. The biggest joke is the people attempting to perpetrate this kind of stuff, only thing is they don't know that the laughing is about them.

Junky

Well Known Member
Amazing how a thread that began as a Joke and Funny actually morphed into a rather serious discussion where people responded by opening up about a rather serious issue. Seems that the majority opinion reveals that most decent persons feel the same ways about a lot of things. If we had a religion run by democrats, it wouldn't be any more silly or corrupted than some of this stuff you guys mentioned. The biggest joke is the people attempting to perpetrate this kind of stuff, only thing is they don't know that the laughing is about them.

Should I interpret your words to say that the Democratic party isn't a religion? I believe that all of their followers feel that it must be, to follow it so
blindly.

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
Should I interpret your words to say that the Democratic party isn't a religion? I believe that all of their followers feel that it must be, to follow it so
blindly.
No, it's a false phony baloney crazy cult that claims total knowledge,supremacy over any other position,claims to offer a superior way, offers all kinds of empty promises as it spreads its lies about everybody else, has an abysmal track record of no success, and make a rational mind wonder just what anybody would think that believes that stuff,let alone blindly supports it. Al sharpton screams reparations, jim jones shouted,"To the kool aid."Obama said,"You didn't build that!". Same end result. Yes, some times people give to something because of a guilty conscious,or just to get them off their back and stop pestering them.

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I was in commercial construction for 40 years I took on several side jobs the only time's it was attempted to screw me over was by religious people , not sure why I always thought they were above that kind of behavior:dunno:dunno:dunno

Junky

Well Known Member
My experience was always doctors and lawyers that would give you the most grief. One day I got a call from my uncle asking me to fix his nephews car (his wife's side of the family), since he was no longer welcome at the dealership. I said that there was no way that I wanted to have anything to do with him or his car. He told me that if there were any problems that he would take care of them. It was a '64 Pontiac that needed a timing chain and gears. Not that difficult of a job, except that the valve covers were leaking, the radiator had a leak in it, all the hoses and belts needed to be changed, and a few other minor things. Before I started the job, I gave him an estimate, and told him that if a bolt broke, or anything out of the normal range, there would be extra costs involved. When he picked the car up, he gave me a check, and it was returned "Stop Payment". He felt that I had over charged him, when in reality, I charged him actual labor, instead of the higher book labor. My uncle made good on the check, and I never would deal with his nephew again. Oh, did I mention that he was a lawyer.

Junkman 104

Well Seasoned Member
I have this one in my shop.

no-soliciting-sign_grande.jpg

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Found this on my door today, even though I clearly have a sign saying NO RELIGION etc. They will be getting an email about their inability to read shortly.

img012.jpg