Jerry's 62 Impala build

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Seems we've kind of lost focus here !!!! The real question is, "where are you with the build ???? "

Curious minds need to know !!!! :dunno:dunno

Bill

Bill-

I have been travelling for the past 3 weeks and hope to be home by the beginning of next week. Will get on it as soon as I get home and hopefully have it finished within a couple weeks.

Brian's getting slow in his old age. Sure hope he's not waiting for me to catch up.:roll:roll:roll

:crazy

Yeah, but I am just at stage 1 of slowing down, you're at the final stage! :crazy

Ray, I just left Brian at Ocean City. Last I saw of him he was at the Boardwalk with his daughter Brook probably headed for the amusement rides.
robert

Yes, Robert is a very bad influence for my daughter. We have now been to Ocean City within the past 3 days. Chincoteague beaches tomorrow. I am worn out now... Thanks Robert! On a good note, at least I didn't have to buy her a new IPAD this trip. Brooke said when she comes to stay with you and Ann that you can get it for her.

Seriously though, I really do need to extend a big thanks to Robert. He met up with Brooke and I Sunday and drove us all over Ocean City and took us on a long walk on the boardwalk. It has been years since I have been there and the first time for Brooke. Stopped to get T-Shirts and of course Dumsers Ice Cream.
We met up again tonight at a restaurant at the inlet with Robert, Skip, Bob Walker and Dick MacKenzie. It was great to finally meet Bob and Skip in person and I guess it was OK to see Robert and Dick again! :) We had a great time!

Did he tell you that he got pulled over today by the local authorities? I was on the phone with him when they got him. I guess the cop claimed he was doing excessive speed, but he told the officer he owns a 409 at home and was going through power withdrawls and the cop just let him off with a warning. :clap Or was it that he told the cop that he had a turd coming out sideways and was rushing to the doctor's office?
rofl.gif

Thanks Seth. Yes, I got pulled over today for doing 60 in a 35. Since when do they have 35 mph speed limits on the back roads on the Eastern Shore???? Well, I guess they do now and i got busted. No ticket though, he knew my family...just told me to slow it down a bit, these aren't Texas highways.....

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
OK, I have been working on the car but I left my camera in Tony's truck. He should be by tomorrow and I will post some pics of the progress after we pick up the second 1959 348 Nomad wagon he bought last week. I get one of the 348's out of it for helping! :D:D The seller is keeping the other one....:evil

Progress update:
I got the Air Ride AirPod and Level Pro system installed, most of the under hood stuff done, Steering column painted, new Bilet Specialties steering wheel installed and the interior completed. Just need to install the driveshaft, gas tank, bleed the brakes and she should be ready to fire up, Hopefully I can take her for a drive this weekend!!!

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
OK, I have been working on the car but I left my camera in Tony's truck. He should be by tomorrow and I will post some pics of the progress after we pick up the second 1959 348 Nomad wagon he bought last week. I get one of the 348's out of it for helping! :D:D The seller is keeping the other one....:evil

Progress update:
I got the Air Ride AirPod and Level Pro system installed, most of the under hood stuff done, Steering column painted, new Bilet Specialties steering wheel installed and the interior completed. Just need to install the driveshaft, gas tank, bleed the brakes and she should be ready to fire up, Hopefully I can take her for a drive this weekend!!!

nice. :beerbang

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Brian: I gotta pick your brain, again.:doh When you did Jerry's headliner, did you have trouble with # 3 (the skinny one) listing wire, staying in the clips?:dunnoAlso, did you have to slit, the headliner channel, so it went over for the clips? Boy, am I learning, alot of new, curse words.:eek::rolleyes::cuss Thanks:)

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Brian: I gotta pick your brain, again.:doh When you did Jerry's headliner, did you have trouble with # 3 (the skinny one) listing wire, staying in the clips?:dunnoAlso, did you have to slit, the headliner channel, so it went over for the clips? Boy, am I learning, alot of new, curse words.:eek::rolleyes::cuss Thanks:)

I started with the stationary one. I pryed the tabs down and puntured the loop with the tab. Once all were in and centered, I bent the tabs back over so it was tight. I then stretched the headliner to the front beginning with the center and working my way out. Did the same for the rear. I used headliner adhesive to hold it in place. When it was all done, I came back and stapled it all the way around.

The loops on my headliner were longer and I had to slit them back about 3 inches so the headliner would lay correctly.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Thank You, Brian. :bow That's exactly, what I needed to hear.:clap That clears up, a few problems.:clap:clap

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well, the engine compartment and interior are just about done....just need to do some minor detail stuff. I started her up for the first time today!!!! :cool:
She sounds really good with the factory style exhaust. The wife even said that she would go for a ride in it because it is so much quieter than mine! :dunno

DSC_0533Custom.jpg

DSC_0532Custom.jpg

DSC_0528Custom.jpg

DSC_0529Custom.jpg

DSC_0530Custom.jpg

DSC_0538Custom.jpg

DSC_0537Custom.jpg

DSC_0536Custom.jpg

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Great work and awsome car. I'd have to do something with the steering wheel though !!!!

Bill