jjzepplin

jjzepplin

Well Known Member
Good day folks. My name is James and I have loved Chevy's since I first saw my first car on the street with a for sale sign in the window. I paid $400 for a 66 Chevelle. Long story but I have owned many Chevy's since and now have a 70 Chevy one ton shortbed (Old Yeller) with a 406 small block and a slew of other goodies, a 72 Blazer (Orange Crush) 2wd conversion 4 speed posi, And my mom just gave me a cherry 1958 Belair(Thelma) with a 348. I am working on getting it road worthy right now. My wife said she would like the Blazer as a daily driver. Any way, I look forward to learning more about this car and working on it. Good times!

jjzepplin

Well Known Member
I will post up some pics tomorrow as I am real tired right now and about to pass out. I guess I just click on the "attach files" down below?

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Nice car, you're a lucky man to have Mom buy you that one!

Looks like it's already been converted to a dual master brake system, good idea. What are the sorts of things you hope to do with the '58 and that 348 power plant?

Welcome aboard!

TomK

jjzepplin

Well Known Member
Well its been a struggle to get this thing running right so That is first on the list. Then I will get the AC running good. Then I will work on the brakes as it needs the lines from the conversion routed correctly as well as sized correctly and possibly look into a Willwood large bore master or a booster. Then I am going to drive the wheels off of it. I have two power antennas that come with it to install and I might put a modern radio inside the old one in the dash. Oh and it needs a good bath on the undercarriage. I may have to break down and buy that new gas tank soon and run a new line to the engine to battle the rust I keep finding.