Join the Nat'l Nostalgia Drag Racing Assn.

Speed

Supporting Member 1
Send all contact info and $20.00 to :
NNDRA
P.O. Box 3675
York
Pa. 17402-0136

This organization supports the Legion of Honor awards at the annual York reunion & Nostalgia Nat'ls at Beaver Springs.
July 11/12/2008

Very worthwhile organization !!

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
i'm gonna nominate Tommy Howes

22. - Tommy Howes' 300 ZX - Forget about the dynasty of Scotty Cannon blown doorslammers or the Jimmy Oddy blown entries, this entry was by far the most-hated among the nitrous contingent. To understand why, let's rewind back to 1988 when there was a tremendous amount of pressure to become the first doorslammer into the six-second zone. While Robbie Vandergriff's '57 Chevy had come close with a 7.00 at the Winter Nationals, Howes did one better with a 6.99 during a national event at Atco, NJ., that same year. Some of the nitrous advocates didn't event acknowledge his feat, but we do.

he started here local racing 409's then on to super stock BB Impala's, a chevelle that took out the supposedly "undefeated" 70 LS6 convertable of Ray Allen. (we saw it sell for over a million on tv Barrett-Jackson auction) he went on to be the first to put a blower and alky on his camaro super/ pro bracket car and launched the "Wild Bunch" blown doorslammers. raced in Australia and was the first door car in the 6's. recently he had been kicking a$$ in Nitro Coupe until he had a stroke. he is my friend and boyhood hero.

Tommy "the who" Howes

Speed

Supporting Member 1
Great nomination Bob!
All thinking,knowing folks recognize Tommy's feats....ecspecially "First in the 6's"
Tommy is a great racer and a great guy!

BTW/ .....Tom and I are scheduled at a great car show on 4/19/08..Hope you come! (car too)