Junk yard find

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
Hey guys, just thought I would share with you my latest junkyard find.
I just picked this up this last weekend on Sunday April 27, 2003
This just goes to show that this stuff is still out there and waiting to be found.
This is my 1958 348, 280HP tripower motor.
it was in a shed at a junkyard, it was actually buried under neath all sorts of junk parts. I would bet many people have walked past and never knew it was there.
Keep looking in all those nooks and crannies, this stuff is still available.

If anybody is interested I will be offereing my 62 impala convertible project car for sale. It needs complete restoration original 283 car Black with red interior
it still has it's original black paint, so no surprises along with 2 parts cars those can be seen in the for sale ads right now. I will offer my 64 409 340HP motor and this 58 348 tripower to anybody who buys the convertible. but ONLY to the buyer. the motors will NOT be sold seperately, so please don't ask.
Location is in Minnesota,

I will put together some photos of the convert later on.
if interested please contact me by e-mail

Attachments

• 58.348tri.jpg
    58.348tri.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 470

bobs409

Administrator
There are no nooks or crannies around here anymore. I bought the last W-motor round these parts back when I was a teenager! :D Sure wish I had luck finding the things you do.

So why are selling the convertible? I thought that was your current project. :confused:

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
Just a lot of different things going on right now.
I really don't want to sell the convert.
Time and Money, two things I don't have a lot of at the moment.
Also limited space.
There are always more cars out there, so will just have to wait and see what happens. I am not pushing too hard for a sale,
but just offering the car to see if anyone is interested.

Junkyard / Barn / Farm field finds...

Hello, nice find ya got there.. we found a very similar item last wekend. but we aren't totally sure of what it is. the engine is a W engine 348 or 409, its in a 1965 Pontiac Convertible. If anyone can help me decode this, i would appreciate it greatly. thanks

bobs409

Administrator
Blaine,

Wait until Aubrey gets ahold of you! LOL He's from Canada too and just happens to have a 409 powered Pontiac. Have any pics to show us?

Now, if you post the codes/numbers here, im sure we can help decode it for you. Or, you can go to the main page http://www.348-409.com/ and give it a try yourself. I have links that go to the suffix and casting number pages.

348 Canadian Car Engine

Yup, Blaine... As I had suggested in www.canadianclassics.ca , a 348. 250HP to be exact. It IS a Canadian production engine... can teel by the stamp number. Would need the casting number and date off the back of the block to tell the year.

Strange???
How'd they EVER get that 64 small block fan shroud in there ? !!

And HEY HEY HEY, guys.... I don't do newer than 64!!!!;) :D

Aubrey ( CPG )

you want it !?

Hey, we just got it today... haha. But gimme and email and we'll talk details. thanks

Attachments

• cars 012.jpg
    cars 012.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 246
The Mopar !

HEE HEE HEE !
Fat... That's what I was thinking !!!
The Mopar is COOL !
For the Chevys & Canadian Pontiacs... 1964 and OLDER ONLY !!

Blaine, the engine would be interesting

:deal