Just to see how many trucks

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:crazy Well I am starting to get the hang of grtting around the site and I see a bunch of you guys are far wiser then I am about your cars so I am would like to here from the truck guys.:dunno I currently have a 58 Apache Step Side that came from Ohio that was bought off Ebay by a guy for his wife to go to Car Shows with him and his 66 Chevelle Convertible. She drove it but it was had brake problems and the Kids didn't what to be seen in it. After not driving it for awhile after being fixed he decided to sell it and advertised it on C/L with possible trade for Corvette. I called him and told him to look at my 77 customised Corvette and talk about a trade. She drove the 400 hp 5 speed and I got the truck. The truck is a 85 out of a 100 truck with a everyday 350 4 barrel and headers a th350 trammy but the suspension and chassis is mint coil over ladder bar big chrysler rear and mustang II rack front end. I have a 348 to put together and drop in which should be done in time to drive out to Thompson in June. So any other truck guys out give me a jingle.

OldTruckNut

Well Known Member
Very nice old truck indeed. I favor the 60-66 trucks, but I like the 55-59's too. I don't have any running right now, but I have enough parts to make me a couple of trucks. I hope to use the 409 out of my 65 C80 in one of them. I even thought of sticking it in my 1960 F100 just to see the looks on the faces of the Ford guys when they look under the hood saying "what the hell is that?".

Richard/SIA

Well Known Member
Worked on my 57 3600 Sunday, finally got the electric fan and....

shroud mounted.

The new dash and light wiring is almost complete, so I only have a little more to do.

Mostly stock, even has an original 8' flat dump bed on it.

What is not stock is the 1969 350 4V V8 with edelbrock manifold and headers.

Once I get it cleaned up a bit more I will post a pic or two.