k9hotrodder409 '57 build

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
If you asked me..................I go balls out and get that 9 sec. time slip THEN sell the car!!!!!!:clap:clap:clap You could tell them it was a mistake!!!! What are they going to do...................put you in jail???????????? If they do.........I'll post bail for you!!!! I mean....what are friends for??? Right Ronnie????

I wasn't going to say it on here, but that was my exact thought. Okay....except for the bailing you out part. I'm broke. Tell them some nut forgot to hook the throttle stop up. Honest mistake. You don't have to tell them who the nut was....or that it was honestly on purpose.

You can say most anything on here. We're to old to get fired up or do much fighting!! :roll

But...while we're on the subject...I've checked that off my bucket list! :deal

:coffee

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Way to go Dick!! I know that was quite a rush. Who ever was in the other lane didn't leave as good, but what a freight train on the top end. If they had a 60' like your car it would have ran a 9.60 or 9.70 something I bet.

Sorry for high-jacking your thread Butch. I still wanna see that 409 sitting in the 57 engine bay. I bet it's a site.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
"but what a freight train on the top end." yeah, that was one of the F*rd guys. 560 c.i. talks on the big end! :roll

You're right about highjacking Butch's thread, I'm sorry too! Although, he probably doesn't even know it. He's out in the garage.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
PictureKodak easy share photos 822.jpg
My youngest daughter spotted Tigger on the dash! I'd love to see a picture of that W motor in the 57. All I can see above is the air cleaner. What paint combo do you have planned?

How's this ??? I'm going with FO*D Candy Red Metallic The color of my 2011 Fusion
:crazy:dance:cheers

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That will be gorgeous. I hope there is more clearance between the exhaust ports and the steering box than it looks like. Just noticed the front motor mounts too.