Ken Mr. 409 Walsh

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Great article in the new June Super Chevy magazine about Ken and his 63 409. Also included is pictures with his new 63 nitro coupe that he started running last year in the Super Chevy events. Ken is making all the rest of the Super Chevy schedule so we will see him in Dallas in 3 weeks!!!! Ken won the championship last year with Super Chevy!!!:clap:clap:clap

roger gunter

Supporting Member 1
Phil
Are you going to be at super chevy ?

I will be arriving Friday mid-day
will be showing on Sat. and Sunday
look me up
will be staying at the holiday inn express

Roger

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Yep Roger.....we're leaving out Wed. AM. Will just take it easy and will take 2 days to get to Ennis. We'll just see you at the track on Fri. They usually put Hayden up on Manufacturer's Midway row. Is Joyce coming too?

roger gunter

Supporting Member 1
Joyce has to work

someone has to make some money:roll

a friend of mine will be coming with me

maybe we can all get together for an evening meal ?? :cheers

Roger

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
We can try Roger but you might have to sit next to Hayden!!!!

I'd rather be with you at Coopers BBQ instead!!!

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Those homemade looking plastic inner fenders gave me ideas. I'm not saying they looked rigged so don't anyone get offended..... just saying they look like something I could easily/cheaply copy and keep my firewall a little cleaner. I would have loved to have seen more in depth pics of the '63 along with a spec sheet. Rear suspension....driveshaft.....more angles of the engine compartment. I appreciate the article, but it was just a tease to get me to Super Chevy I think. (It probably worked too.) :roll

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
"I appreciate the article, but it was just a tease to get me to Super Chevy I think. (It probably worked too.)"

If that's the reason you are going to Super Chevy, you might be disapointed, Ken is running the Pro Mod Corvette now. I haven't see the '63 at a Super Chevy for over a year. :cry

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Ken had the 63 at the Hot Rod Reunion in Bakersville, CA 2 years ago. While he had the car up on jack stands, he allowed me to crawl under!!! Holy Moly!!!! It was the strangest setup I have aver seen!!! It might be a "professional" secret...not sure. But it helped explain why the car launches like it does!!!:clap:clap It's a 4 link setup that he designed.