Kirk Wright’s Z-11

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I know I’ve mentioned this article before...... about the description of what it’s like to drive a Z-11 .......I finally found the article written by Doug Marion In the June 1981 super Chevy. I know of the dispute over the 50 or 57 Z-11’s.......but obviously at the time they didn’t have all that information....... but here are some snippets and a couple pictures of said article.........D51DC778-D9CB-4084-B856-954BB6335F61.jpeg5498CF5A-A66F-455A-B6E6-336567A5C596.jpeg

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Great info. Always good to capture more info.

P.S. There were only 50 cars, not 57. The number 57 came from a letter to me from Paul Prior of Chevrolet that got circulated. He wrote in response to my question about how many were made, he said "his memory was 57". Close but not exact.
Also, there were only 50 engines built at Tonawanda.

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Just referenced DickieMac’s list, sure as heck!!:good The ol’ copy n paste....

Stokes Motor Co, King, NC: V.P. Hartgrove - Restored w/ original engine.

One of only two black ones if I recall the info I read on here correctly, Jack Cooley got the other one. Wonder who’s garage (museum) it’s sitting in now...:rub:read

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Just referenced DickieMac’s list, sure as heck!!:good The ol’ copy n paste....

Stokes Motor Co, King, NC: V.P. Hartgrove - Restored w/ original engine.

One of only two black ones if I recall the info I read on here correctly, Jack Cooley got the other one. Wonder who’s garage (museum) it’s sitting in now...:rub:read
Wasn't that Don Fezell's black in the Kissimmee auction?

Yes I believe there were three cars the green Enoch Chevrolet the black car and old reliable .......Nope I was wrong there were four cars because there was also the Allen green white car

Last edited: