Kudos to Summit Racing

donsz

Well Known Member
I'm guessing most everyone's experience with Summit Racing has been good. I recently purchased a product form them (plug wires) that the product was just messed up: missing wires, non-matching ends). Once they received my review, they politely offered a refund or replacement product. I thought that was very considerate and responsive. This is the first time I ever had a problem with a product from them. We hear so many times of mistreatment by sellers and vendors, it's good to give credit and recognition to a good one.
don

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I've found that summit goes the extra mile to do the right thing...unfortunately some the parts techs don't have a clue and will gladly ship the wrong part

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I too agree that Summit goes above and beyond. Most of the time if I order a product before 3 pm, when I get home from work the next day its on the porch. Years of great service. However...… there was this one time, … It was like they went out of their way to screw me and didn't seem to care. Stopped using them for awhile because of it. Started again and haven't had any issues.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
About 5 years ago, I purchased a Posi case off e-bay, for my other Chevy. Purchased a NOS Posi Unit, from a member here, on OUR Forum. Needed a R&P. Summit had 3:73's, advertised on their website. That's what I wanted. The 3:73's are somewhat better, for highway driving, than the older 3:70 ratio.:brow Next day, I get a phone call, from Summit, telling me, "they don't have them anymore. The advertisement is incorrect. 3:70's now come in the boxes marked 3:73.:(I told him, I don't want a 3:70. After a few minutes, he tells me,"I know some other dealers, and I'll get back to you, in a few days." I already Knew that Jeg's didn't have them, anymore.:bang True to his word, he call's me back, and gives me the bad news.:cry1 No one, that they deal with has 3:73 Ring and Pinion's anymore. Richmond stopped making them.:doh Oh well, I sadly agreed to buy the 3:70's. He gave me a discount on them.:scratch WOW. I would say, he went above and beyond, the call of duty.:bowGo SUMMIT RACING.:good

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
How is a ratio that's .03 shorter [3.73] than the other [3.70] better at a high way speed?
Don: The 3:70 is a 37-10 Tooth the 3:73 is a 41-11 tooth. Less RPM's Less Whine. Had them both, in my Chevy's.:clap The 3:70 is a little better for performance, though.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Ok,I get it now, it's a noise /comfort thing.Nothing wrong with that. A lot of those old rear made some noise.