Lamar Walden 1000hp 409

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Very impressive. I've never seen an aftermarket intake like that for a 409. Assuming its a one-off, or is that intake available to the general public?

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Very impressive. I've never seen an aftermarket intake like that for a 409. Assuming its a one-off, or is that intake available to the general public?

Larmar Walden Automotive and partners will build you a 2017 409 and everything you see is for sale too the general public.

While the majority of us are enjoying our youth day's with our cast iron 409's, Too include the Walden's they've brought the new gen 409's to the market with the all Aluminum casting.

Happy Motoring

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I thought they were around 50K

lwaengines_409.jpg

Eric Kozmic

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
The 409/425 engine in "Blanche" was rebuilt by Rob and Lamar almost 5 years ago already. Where does the time go?

To this day, not a single issue with the engine.

I miss visiting and talking w/ Lamar on my trips through Atlanta, but I know Rob is doing a great job and carrying on the tradition of building a great engine.

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
When I was building my engine I would call down there and Lamar would talk to you for the longest time. He helped me with my engine build and I got all my parts from them. I went down there to pick everything up and met both Lamar and Rob, they both have a bundle of knowledge of the W motor. Lamars passing left a big hole in W motor following, but like mentioned above Rob is doing a good job carrying on his fathers tradition.