Last Race of the Season

TomO

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Today was the last race of the season for the VAMP Drag Racing series. I ended up having a great day. My car ran its best times ever! I did not do anything out of the ordinary - backed it our of the garage and put 5 gallons of 87 oct in the tank. During the entire season I have been racing in the heads up 14.40sec class. My first qualifing pass today (shifting at 4800 rpm) 14.33 @ 97.05mph. So after I realized that my car was liking the 70 deg day I made 2 more qual passes - 14.22@97.73 AND 14.25@97.75 (shift at 5200) and got put in the 13.60 sec class. First round I beat a new Mustang GT (14.22@97.27)! Second round bye run and 3rd (semi finals) I lined up against a slick runnin' nitros sniffing Mustang and he just played with me all the way down the 1/4, BUT I ran a best ever 14.18@97.86!!!!!! The last pass the temp was 55 deg - so my car really likes the cool air.

This is the best my car has ever ran, but I am fairly sure that I am getting all that my mild SBC has left. I need a 472 for next year!!! I had a geart time and plan on running next year.

TomO

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Congrats!

TomO:

Congratulations on a great season for you and your sharp looking '63. Now you need to get a "W" engine in the car for next year. In my humble opinion, you can never start too soon in gathering up those parts:)

Best,
TomK