Last seven weeks.......

El Rat

Well Known Member
I thought I was the only 409 guy starting the year in the hospital. Seems my LVAD controller went on high watts 30 times in 8 hours! Hospital says that they should have set the high limit higher!!! WTF somehow that doesn’t seem like my job!
Get well Phil.

ragtp66

Well Known Member
I thought I was the only 409 guy starting the year in the hospital. Seems my LVAD controller went on high watts 30 times in 8 hours! Hospital says that they should have set the high limit higher!!! WTF somehow that doesn’t seem like my job!
Get well Phil.

Those LVAD's really spin my Dad was up around 9200RPM I would ask if he ever had the guts to take his 425HP 409 up that high, He laughed and said it would float the valves long before it would get to 9000.

Last edited:

ragtp66

Well Known Member
Get well soon Phil please get more than one doc to look at you. If I would not have pushed my Dad to see more than one he would have never gotten his LVAD which thankfully gave us another 6 yrs with him. We always take our cars to get 3 or more estimates for a fender bender but when it comes to personal healthcare we usually stop at one and take his word as Gospel. Any changes to meds especially blood thinners takes a little time to adjust too espc when you have been in the Joint (hospital) for several days of laying in a bed. They usually want you up and moving around to prevent any clots from forming. 17 days I spent before I was cut loose I was climbing the walls to get out. Get well soon Buddy !

PS I am asking for a friend:
How come Candy was walking out with a couple of detectives and a rolling pin sticking out of her bag if you "just fell"?:burnout

Last edited:

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Gosh Phil if I can schedule Thompson with the real 61 SS car if your double vision doesn’t clear up when you look at the Q 623 block and motor you’ll think you see two four barrel afb’s That’s ok as you can tell everyone it is a late service pack motor two fours and 690 heads! :D
Get well soon
Robert

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hey Phil. I haven't tuned in for awhile and just saw this! I recall many years ago that my Dad developed the double vision problem, but was eventually found to be the medication, in his case. I hope the medical professionals can sort this out and hope you get better soon!

Ron

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hi Phil, So sorry to hear about your medical issue and the fall.
You are in our thoughts and prayers
Im sure it is just an excuse to not come and visit Gav and myself like you had to send Candy last time.
I hope all gets well soon, do as the doctor says and plenty of rest

take care my friend

Steve

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Well Steve that is what happened!!!!!! Candy cancelled the trip last Sat. Doc said too screwed up to go. Filed our flight insurance today!!!!!
Am so sorry to you and Lynette and Mr. Gavinator that this all had to happen!!!! I was really hoping this was this time!!!!!!! 3rd time is the charm!!!!! I sure hope so.!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Well Steve that is what happened!!!!!! Candy cancelled the trip last Sat. Doc said too screwed up to go. Filed our flight insurance today!!!!!
Am so sorry to you and Lynette and Mr. Gavinator that this all had to happen!!!! I was really hoping this was this time!!!!!!! 3rd time is the charm!!!!! I sure hope so.!!!!!!!!!!!!
All that matters is that you take care of yourself and get better
Are you still allowed to burn petrol and rubber
Maybe that will help?

Steve