LED Dash lights

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I replaced all my dash lights in my 62 SS 409 Convertible with these white light LED's. They fit perfect, as noted and are a 1895 replacement (or #57 replacement). My dash lighting is at least 2/3 times brighter.
Also used them in my Factory Sun tach -to make it brighter in place of # 53 bulbs.
They also come in green and red for the dash (I used them for turn signals and bright light indicators on the dash.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Chevy-B...Panel-BA9S-1815-Light-Bulbs-1895/280876953382

Paul

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Thanks Paul -do they have a "white" light or kind of bluish like some LEDs?

Even on my Trans Am's either my eyes have gotten old or used to brighter late model dashes because even with fresh bulbs! When I had the 81's gauges redone he added a few extra LED strips in them.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
i have not driven my 62 SS convertible for a few months ( and its not at my house now) but
I think it’s bright white and when compared to my other 62’s without LED’s the difference is amazing.
I will be changing my other 62’s to LED’s as soon as I determine a good way to reach the sockets under the dashes.

Paul

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
"I will be changing my other 62’s to LED’s as soon as I determine a good way to reach the sockets under the dashes. "

Luckily mine is on the workbench and easier to get to! I hate the access all cars and trucks have to get to the bulbs.

I would like to find an oil pressure and maybe voltmeter that would fit in where the idiot light cluster is.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I replaced my dash lights with LED's also. Much better, however I cannot remember which ones I used. My biggest problem wasn't the lights though. Cataracts in both eyes were pretty bad. Got those bulbs changed also.

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Some pictures of the completed dash/tach. Since the factory paint had some texture to it I used rustoleum black texture. The Mopar guys like it for getting close to their factory finish. I'm finding it is harder to wipe dust off. Clock has an "A Oct 1963" on it.DSC_0353.JPGDSC_0354.JPGDSC_0357.JPGDSC_0356.JPGDSC_0340.JPG Cluster has a faint 10(?) 3 1963 on it as well as "speedo 6407954". Put juice to it clock ticks and fuel gauge moves.