LED garage lights

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Thanky Bob. I have all those scripts and add on's disabled in Firefox and those snap up photos don't display for me.

It looks like the end cap is removable. And you can bet I can make a cap that my conduit will fit into so I can keep all my nice work in place and not have any wires or switches hanging out.

Cheers, Tom

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hi Phil. Grub is the lighting expert here but in my opinion I like the whiter color light and apart from in an office where you are looking at paper or very light color surfaces I would run 6500 . Gives appearance of brighter. False depends on reflective surfaces in the shop. Black or dark color walls etc needs more or directional light.

Steve

bobs409

Administrator
Just an update: Still lovin' my LED's! Haven't gotten my electric bill yet. :p

In case anyone was wondering like I was, is it bad or good to turn LED lights on/off frequently or best to leave them on? What I learned is that turning them on & off does not affect their lifespan or performance in any way so if your leaving the room for a while, turn them off.

bobs409

Administrator
Having a light sale! All my old power eaters. (7 of 8 shown) Have lots of 4' too. :D Think I might put them on Craigslist as I can't ship them.

DSCN8175sm.jpg

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I just replaced a couple more ballasts and changed bulbs while doing it to F12 40 watt high K factor. My ballasts appear to have reached the end of life as I think 4th one this season! This high ladder work isn't fun but I have a plan now for ceiling and which electrical boxes to use for my new lights. Just not sure which lights as this is as confusing an issue (LED) as when my old 1980's two cycle lawn boy mower quit last month.
Robert

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I just replaced a couple more ballasts and changed bulbs while doing it to F12 40 watt high K factor. My ballasts appear to have reached the end of life as I think 4th one this season! This high ladder work isn't fun but I have a plan now for ceiling and which electrical boxes to use for my new lights. Just not sure which lights as this is as confusing an issue (LED) as when my old 1980's two cycle lawn boy mower quit last month.
Robert
Lawn boy, Lawn boy, did you mention Lawn boy. I like lawn boy!!!!! :doh What wrong with it I've had mine new since 1997 ,has commercial engine ,replaced coil and two rear drive wheel's and still going strong.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
My lawn boy is a bit older than yours and not the fancy drive system! I love mine also as it has plenty of high rpm 2 cycle power and the thing will cut grass upside down! I was at a tractor show a few years ago and there was a group of the older two cycle cast deck models there restored on exhibit. I have had mine since new and use it as a trimming mower around the ditch edges while actually mowing with my old John Deere tractor mower. My John Deere is owned since new also but about 10 years older.
My lawn boy wasn't running the best as the passages in the carb had appearantly started to slightly clog. I mixed a more than double strength mixture of non ethanol and the new 360 StaBil product. I have had great luck using this solution for cleaning carbs without disassembly only if they are running. Well, the damn thing wouldn't run after sitting up for the second solution and I thought I had messed up something in the carb and was preparing to buy those made of gold carb kits for that series 2 cycle. I had never thought of the dreaded lawn boy dead ignition issue but tested it and sure enough was dead. The new power pack was almost the same cost as the mower when new.
Robert

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
If I remember right my coil was like 25.00 .I paid like 750.00 for the mower ,it has been a good one.