Let's do it again!

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Marcia and I had a great time at Norwalk this year. It was great seeing all of our 409 family. The weather could have been a little nicer but we all had a good time in spite of it. I get to know everyone a little better every year and look forward to renewing friendships. The 60 was about 3/10s off it's best time and ran a 12.90 @ 104 mph. I got to meet the WullyBully guys and talked to Steve awhile, nice guy and looking forward to getting to know him and the WullyBully team better.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Ray I agree let's do it again....Ann and I talked on the way home.... next year we can bring some cooking stuff and can certainly help with the men's meals!!! Of course that is if I don't lose the keys and other important stuff again:roll But it will be tough to steam crabs there!!
Robert

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ray, I'm afraid my "thank you" may have been overlooked by putting it in the " we're here !! thread " I do want you to know how much we appreciated the effort you and Marcia went through to feed all the fat boys and skinny women. Food was wonderful and it was nice knowing there was an endless supply of beer in the ice box. Thanks to Jim Kwi who, once again, did a great job of coordination. Already looking forward to next year. :beerbang

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Ray I agree let's do it again....Ann and I talked on the way home.... next year we can bring some cooking stuff and can certainly help with the men's meals!!! Of course that is if I don't lose the keys and other important stuff again:roll But it will be tough to steam crabs there!!
Robert

Steaming crabs is not a problem Robert, I have a big stainless steel pot (Turkey deep fry setup) that I think will get the job done :brow There you've gone and done it now :stooges

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
57 Chevy is up and running

Marcia and I had a great time at Norwalk this year. It was great seeing all of our 409 family. The weather could have been a little nicer but we all had a good time in spite of it. I get to know everyone a little better every year and look forward to renewing friendships. The 60 was about 3/10s off it's best time and ran a 12.90 @ 104 mph. I got to meet the WullyBully guys and talked to Steve awhile, nice guy and looking forward to getting to know him and the WullyBully team better.

Ray,your starting early this year,you started at 12-09-06 advertising the event for this year.The 57 is up and running,I switched to my Mallory Ignition system and the 57 started right up.I will be bringing the 57 on a trailer in 2008 thought.
It's going to very hard to top this years event :dunno

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I'm in

5 hours there, 8 hours at the track, 5 hours back home in the same day. Quite a ride for me. Next year I will try to figure a way to drag my 62 behind me. Thanks to all, that was the best time I've had in years.

Steve "wully bully"

Supporting Member 1
Many Thanks

I just want to express our gratitude to all the members that we met this past weekend. It was an enjoyable weekend for us all. I was sorry that I didn't get to run the car enough to put on a show, but thanks to Carl's generosity, I was able to run his car on Sunday, what a blast :clap (This was a first). We very much appreciated the chance to meet you guy's in person, and look forward to another meet.
Steven

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
The only thing we didn't get around to this year was lining the cars up for a group photo. There were quite a few 348-409 cars there, we get more every year. We also get a little more organized each year. I'm sure next year will be just as good, if not better.:beerbang
For the guys that couldn't make it like Bob Walker, Don D. etc. hopefully things will work out better next year.
The nostalgia super stock cars all ran as a group in a series of even start match races. They must have matched up the cars with close elapsed times because all the races were really tight. I think six out of the dozen or so cars were 409 powered.:deal The crowd loved those races.:beerbang

Toms63SSQB

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Can,t wait til '08

I finally got a chance to put all the screen names with REAL people, Ronnie, Tom K, Ray, Robert, Dan, Bill, Bob, Denny, Jim, the other Jim, Winston, Phil, Shan, Bo, Mike, Loren, Jim K, Gerry, I know that's not all of them, but, I am 61 years old and names do escape me, so whoever I left out I apoligize. Ronnie, It was an especially great weekend having you and Virginia come all the way up from Texas and having you as houseguests was even better. Christine and I had a really great time at Norwalk hangin' with the 348-409 gang. Next year I WILL get some traction at the rear wheels with some of those Hoosier tires that Dan and Bill have on their 62. Tom K you might try that too. Next year I might even be good enough to come out of the hole without falling flat on my face [it's all about the RPM's]. It really was a great weekend.:) :clap

Tom & Christine
Toms63SSQB
livin 20 minutes east of norwalk.

b-d409

Well Known Member
Better late than never

First off I want to say I should have posted sooner than this. New job and opposite shift I'm used to working has thrown my schedule way off since coming back. (Like I really ever post that much anyway :roll )

My dad and I had a great time. As always the 409 crowd put on an excellent show. Although Friday was a bust for racing, it at least gave us all a chance to BS and catch up from last year and gave us a chance to get to know the guys that were there for the first time. (Hopefully my little nitro truck show helped break up Fridays downtime.)

With all the helpful advice given, we shaved 1.5 sec off our Kentucky times, and gave me the thrill of my life running our 62 down the strip.

It was really great seeing eveyone, and you can definately count my dad and I in for next year.

Dan

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Does anyone have any pictures of Dan's nitro truck exhibition show? If so please post. I did not have my camera with me during the show. That had to be one of the most unreal things I have seen. I didn't know anything about those "things":bow :bow :bow :bow
Robert

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Does anyone have any pictures of Dan's nitro truck exhibition show? If so please post. I did not have my camera with me during the show. That had to be one of the most unreal things I have seen. I didn't know anything about those "things":bow :bow :bow :bow
Robert

Robert,I have 1 photo of the truck,the truck cost $1,800 to build and the twin .021cc engines have allot of work done to them,the truck goes 55 MPH

Picture371.jpg

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dan will bring it again next year. In the mean time , we can dream up some devious uses for it. Will have to have some 409 flags on it though. That little truck can fly !!!!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Didn't he say it turns 42,000 RPM's!!!!!!!!!:doh :doh :doh :bow :bow :bow

It also runs on nitro methane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quickshift409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Let's Do It Again

I just got home today and this is the first time back on the site. All I can say is it was Great to see all the comments by the guys that were there and the ones that couldn't make it. The pictures are fantastic and I just want thank every one. You can't find a better group than these 348-409 Guys. If you can go to one event a year the 348-409 get together is the one. Thanks again.
QS409

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
To all the guys that posted pictures, thanks a bunch. They were awesome.:clap Maybe next year! Skip:)

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Big Thanks to every one that came and helped. What a FAMILY! How often can you stand in a downpour and see so many with big grins on their faces. So great having Deb and Marcia taking care of us.
Was a bit tough seeing Fred's car pull in and remembering he's watching from above. Great for Cubbie to make it. Wish Models and some of the other guys could have stayed longer. Any one that couldn't make it, we really missed you. Bob

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Found My Keys

OK I am ready to go out to Norwalk again. I've found my car's keys.:clap :clap :clap I had bought an event shirt and they were in the bottom of the shopping bag. I don't remember putting them in there as it's something I normally don't do. I guess I don't need Tom and Christine's 63 beside mine next year because of all the ones I tried his key started and unlocked the ignition on my 61.
Anyone else going to Petersburg VA. next weekend? One of our members is going to take all of his neat cars out in public!!!! I can't wait.
Robert