Lets talk about 4-doors.

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
I have genuinely become interested in 4-door cars lately.
There are a few real nice examples I wouldn't mind being the owner of that are for sale close to home. My question is this to anybody who has any experience with a 4-door vehicle. It seems that you would have to really get a super deal on a 4-door because they appear to be difficult to sell due to them not being too popular. Anybody have any experience trying to sell a 4-door? (not a parts car, or cheapie beater but a genuine NICE car).

I love this one. It was for sale by a private owner in Wisconsin and I was interested back then, but now a car dealer has it and is trying to flip the car for way too much $$$$. :cuss:mad: I didn't move fast enough so I guess that is my fault.:doh

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1961...oryZ6169QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

bobs409

Administrator
Can't offer any help to your questions but want to say that even I like that 4 door! Beautiful car. :brow

Bob

Old School

Supporting Member 1
That is a gorgeous car! It would be a shame to drive it.. It almost belongs in a collection.

They are only original once.

What was he asking for it?

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
4 dr cars !!!!!! My favorite subject. Don't know about really nice car re-sales. That is one great looking car. I can't see that dealer letting it go at a decent price though. So much documentation. Will be interesting to watch it. And I didn't even know a 283 could be had with a turboglide. Just never thought about it before.

wc chevys

Well Known Member
I also like the 4 door cars ,but they are hard to sale to make money on and sometimes hard to break even.My brother Cubby has a 63 4 door sedan thats his every day driver.Get alot of attention.

SonOfThomp

Well Known Member
LOVE my '61 flat top. A third (or less) the cost of a bubbletop, and you can't tell when you're behind the wheel - who knew? And frankly I prefer the four lights on the rear end of the Bel Air to the six Impala, genuinely like the flat top roof, and easy access to get my kid in her centrally-mounted car seat.

Cheers!

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
REPLY TO:Ronnie Russell:4 dr cars !!!!!! My favorite subject. Don't know about really nice car re-sales. That is one great looking car. I can't see that dealer letting it go at a decent price though. So much documentation. Will be interesting to watch it. And I didn't even know a 283 could be had with a turboglide. Just never thought about it before.

Ron,my Dad had a 1960 Impala 2 door hardtop,he purchased new.The car had a 283 power pack engine with 4 BBL and dual exhaust.I believe it was a 230 HP engine.The car came with a Turbo Glide Tranny.That thing was the biggest dog I ever rode in.It would not run for you know what!!!Anyway about 2 years after buying it ,he deciding on having a Powerglide put in the car.The difference was night and day.The Powerglide made thing run like gang busters. John

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I like 4 door !!!

I think the 4 door are just as saveable as 2 doors. If you are looking to make money on one, then you need another hobby !!! Two or four doors, they will never bring as much money as you have invested... :doh

If you are interested in a 4 door, I can but you in touch with a guy here in Idaho who is ready to sell his 62 BelAir 4 dr sedan. I have looked at the car and it appears to be solid, but I have not inspected it from the bottom - up. Don't know what he would settle for but, far less than the 61 you are looking at.

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
I am not necessarily looking specifically for a four door vehicle. I just think that there are some real gennie, low mile four door cars that pop up from time to time. Since the four door isn't very popular usually nobody has messed with them like they would a 2-door hardtop or sedan. For me it would really have to be an interesting car, and that 61 4-door hardtop is pretty cool. I just wanted some opinoins and thoughts, that is all.
:cheers

threeimpalas

Supporting Member 1
You would have a tough time selling it unless it's 1) dirt cheap or 2) super nice. It's always tough to tell from photos, but the car linked would a $7-8k car, IMO.

I might be a bit biased, though, as I do use a '62 4-door as my "winter beater".