Let's talk Trico windshield wipers...

bobs409

Administrator
Going through a collection of 61-64ish Trico wiper arms and blade holders to sorting them out, I see some of the arms have RH1SPEED, RH2SPEED, LH1SPEED & LH2SPEED stamped on them. Isn't that bit odd? The ones marked 1 speed are a little shorter. Anyone know the story on this?

I have others that only have a L or R stamped into them and some others that have nothing. All Trico. ???

For blade holders, most have Trico stamped on both ends but I have a few without it. ????

Puzzling. If anyone is an expert on these, let's have a run down on what you know. The class is waiting... :D

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
RH1SPEED is the passenger side wiper arm for use with a single speed wiper motor. RH2SPEED is the passenger side wiper for use with a two speed wiper motor. LH1SPEED is the driver side wiper arm for use with a single speed wiper motor. LH2SPEED is the driver side wiper arm for use with a two speed wiper motor. Hope this helps clear things up Bob. :roll

I really don't know why they used different arms for the different wiper motors, I'm sure some engineer calculated the the coefficient of drag on each blade and figured they needed different arms.:D:dunno2

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ask pvs409 he knows the differences and explained it once to me but I have misplaced that information for now :facepalm