Letter To The Boss

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I have enjoyed working here these past several years.You have paid me very well, given me benefits beyond belief. I have 3-4 months off per year and a pension plan that will pay my salary till the day I die and a health plan that most people can only dream about.
Despite this, I plan to take the next 12-18 months to find a new position. During this time I will show up for work when it is convenient. In addition I fully expect to draw my full salary and all the other perks associated with my current job.
Oh yes, if my search for this new job proves fruitless, I will be back with no loss in pay or status. Before you say anything, remember that you have no choice in the matter. I can and will do this.

Sincerely,

Every Senator or Congressman running for President

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have enjoyed working here these past several years.You have paid me very well, given me benefits beyond belief. I have 3-4 months off per year and a pension plan that will pay my salary till the day I die and a health plan that most people can only dream about.
Despite this, I plan to take the next 12-18 months to find a new position. During this time I will show up for work when it is convenient. In addition I fully expect to draw my full salary and all the other perks associated with my current job.
Oh yes, if my search for this new job proves fruitless, I will be back with no loss in pay or status. Before you say anything, remember that you have no choice in the matter. I can and will do this.

Sincerely,

Every Senator or Congressman running for President
:appl:appl:appl:appl:appl

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
A Congressman who only was elected to 1 term, gets paid medical insurance for life. That bothers me a lot. Do they also get some type of guaranteed
pension after 1 term also?? Don't expect any changes soon i.e. ever, Carmine.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Smacks like tenure in the academic world. Except for the paid medical insurance for life.

The trend in academia is to hire NTT (non-Tenure Track) faculty so that appointments can be terminated if so determined. Makes business sense, but NTT often do not have research agendas, and many are part time. In many higher education camps, Research is King (actually garnering external funds for research is the goal) and Teaching is something you just do well. Grants and contracts and publications are the gaterways for promotion. It's the "what have you done for me lately" attitude that got to me. There were numerous years where I brought in contracts worth multiple times my salary only to have annual evaluations that lead to little or no growth in base salary, as there were no raises within the institution that year... Glad to be out of that arena after 38.06 years :).