Life during coronavirus

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
As an aside...when USNS Comfort was preparing to enter NY harbor she made a 360° turn before heading toward the harbor. Ive seen many opinions on news and by "Thought Leaders" that it was done while politics and ass kissing to the proper persons was conducted so those ships would continue to NYC. I spent 6 years of my life aboard ship and i will say that is pure invented bullshit. A ship in order to maintain steerage must keep moving. Dead in the water or full stop is not a good situation. The ship becomes like a bobber with no control. It bobs, drifts sideways, rolls as the waves push it which causes all manner of discontent within the ship. Its bad for the personel, ship, steerage, supplies, fuel bunkers and equipment. Further more ut is a navigational hazzard to other shipping. The 360° turn is used to prevent all those other deteriorating conditions. It keeps your ship stable and in its proper place in convoy. A "360" or "churning a hole in the water" is done because a ship in front of yours is off schedule for one or more of several reasons. Or it could be because they arrived sooner than expected and the port or tugs were not ready for that ship. From what i am aware of USNS Comforts arrival, she pushed steam to arrive sooner than anyone had expected. Meaning she pushed balls to the walls to go into harms way and conduct health and rescue operations. Everyone aboard USNS COMFORT abd USNS MERCY have earned and deserve praise. GOD BLESS THOSE SHIPS AND THOSE CREWS :salute:salute:salute

Damn Wristpin! Don't go talking and being all respectable on us. I was just getting use to abusing you :crazy You being in the Navy does answer some questions though :D

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Mary told me about this video. I plan on continuing the guidelines mostly due to respecting others, especially Mary. But.....

Is the cure worse than the disease? Is the response proportionate to the problem? Only time will tell.

Did the experts go to the same school as our weathermen?

Are the projections coming true? The peak seems to be a moving target? Go to 51 minutes to 1:03.29 in the video.

Wishing all the people in the health care the best.

One thing I do know, don't let the masses get low on food.

Flame away.

Last edited:

wristpin

Well Known Member
0401201022.jpg0401201022.jpg
Willing to trade NEW CHARMIN MULTIPACK for 1962-1964 Impala or Bel Air. Charmin comes intack within its plastic wrapper and for a small extra fee i will STERILIZE that wrapper for your safety. It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make to ensure your familys well being. If you think about it they will be doubly happy because not only can they stop using rinsed out coffee filters for bathroom use BUT they will have room for more important items in the garage than an old car.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I tend to stock up on lots of things because of my wife's health, or should I say lack of health :scratch Anyway, I had a bunch in the so called supply room. I technically didn't need the pack I purchased last week, however because of the wack jobs out there, I felt I should.