Lincoln Welding Helmet

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I finally splurged and bought a new Lincoln welding helmet. I had been using a Hobart helmet with two arc sensors, for many years. The only issue I thought I had, was that I would get flashed once in a while when tig welding steel.

After using the Lincoln this morning, it was very clear that the Hobart did not have as nice of a clear view of the weld pool as the Lincoln. To be fair, the lenses probably needed changing on the Hobart, but I don’t think the view was ever as nice as the Lincoln.

The Lincoln helmet is more adjustable and very comfortable. Besides, it’s really cool looking!
IMG_2553.jpeg

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I finally splurged and bought a new Lincoln welding helmet. I had been using a Hobart helmet with two arc sensors, for many years. The only issue I thought I had, was that I would get flashed once in a while when tig welding steel.

After using the Lincoln this morning, it was very clear that the Hobart did not have as nice of a clear view of the weld pool as the Lincoln. To be fair, the lenses probably needed changing on the Hobart, but I don’t think the view was ever as nice as the Lincoln.

The Lincoln helmet is more adjustable and very comfortable. Besides, it’s really cool looking!
View attachment 132232
I have been doing the old school non-electronic helmet for ever. I bought an auto darken helmet and its still just setting in the box. LOL! I really need to get it out.

bobs409

Administrator
Sorry to join the party late on this thread but I'll offer something. I bought a helmet from Eastwood after getting my new Tig welder years back and found that something was causing the lens to go off as soon as the arc would strike which of course would flash me. :alarmed It seems the welder itself was doing it. Not every single time but enough to be a problem! I sent that back! I got the Vulcan helmet from H.F. and loved it. No more flash and it works great! (was $150 at the time so not exactly cheap)

Just be sure if your helmet uses a battery to have a spare on hand. Mine has one (a coin type battery) and it's an odd number you won't find locally. I found it on Amazon.

bobs409

Administrator
Got me thinking, I bet I had a thread on this! Found it! :D (page 2 is where I start to complain about my new Eastwood helmet)