list your wheel and tire combo

impalaragpat

Well Known Member
Please list your wheel and tire combos. Include backspace and brake info, and pics.Checking out options for combo on 61 .
Pat

JokersBel

Banned
I like this idea. I am looking into buying the wheels and tires for my 59 Bel Air sometime soon too, and am wondering what you all are running on.

I'm looking at the newer Crager SS 18" front and 20" rears, but i'm not sure the other dimensions, as well as tire size...Jim

roaminchariot

Supporting Member 1
I'm running 235/60s on 15 x 8 steel wheels front and back, but I've forgotten the offset. Have to be careful with backspacing on the back to get the tire between the exhaust and the fender. If you get too wide a tire, you may not be able to get the rear tire off just jacking on one side (like for a flat tire!)

This pic is a bit dark for the tires but shows the fit. My car has old springs and sits lower than stock.

Attachments

• 05230021r.jpg
    05230021r.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 284

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Try this,,,,,,dq

Attachments

• re-exposure of 05230021r.jpg
    re-exposure of 05230021r.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 235

impalaragpat

Well Known Member
heres my current combo

Here is my current combo. 7x14 stock wheel w/G78 14 bias ply tires. Stock ride height and drum brakes. Looking for bigger tires on stock wheels and have 15x8 rallys for even bigger tires. In process of rebuilding front end,half done now. If I had money Id go drop spindles and discs.
Pat

Attachments

• 61impdr.jpg
    61impdr.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 227

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
great article in May Chevy Rumble about How To fill your wheel wells! tells how to measure and speck for your car,,,dq

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Im using BFG`s 215/60R15 on the front and 235/60R15 on the rear. Wheels are Old stock American Torq Thrusts 7" on the Front and 8 1/2" on the rear
IMAG008A.JPG

Bubbletop Bel-Air

Well Known Member
:D I'm running 215/70/15's on the front and 275/60/15's on the rear of my 62 Bel-Air. They are mounted on 15 x 7 rally wheels in the front with a 4" back space, the rear's are a 15 x 8 also with a 4" back space. This size rear wheel centers the fat 275/60's nicely in the rear well, about 3/4's of an inch in from the lip from the inner fender and about the same from the stock 2 1/2" exhaust from where it comes over the top of the rear axle. My idea was to replace my 14 x 7's that have 8.00 x 14 BF Goodrich Silvertowns on them with some modern radials. I went with the rally wheels, painted them Roman red to match the car, and planned to put my dog dishes on them to retain the stock appearance. I was unaware that the rally wheels have the hubcap retainer lugs in an inner position where on the original wheels they are on the outer side of the raised portion of the center section. So now i am still shopping for a suitable center cap that retains the stock look, any suggestions anyone? I went with the big rear tires to keep my RPM at an acceptable level as I have 4.56's in the rear. The rear tires do come very close to the front part of the wheel well, where it rolls slightly back to the rear. Have been driving this combination since the beginning of the year and have had zero rubbing or contact problems anywhere

biscaynewagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I am using wheels from wheel vintiques 15x7 front w/ 3.5" BS and 15x8 w/ 4" BS. I had to ordered the 62 series because they have the same look as the original 14x6 and also will accept our cool dog dish !

They do have wide options but only from 14x5 to 15x10

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I've got some new chrome reverse rims. I run drum brakes. The back rims are 15 in. 8 inches wide with 4 in. back spacing. I run 255 R 60 15 and 5in. wide with 2 1/2 in. back spacing on front. The front tires are 195 R75 15. :cool: Roy