Little rearranging

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I decided to move a few things around so I can work on the bottom side of the 61. I moved the 4 post lift over to where the 61 can be on the lift with he 63 underneath. Now I can move the 63 out so I can get to the exhausts, drive shaft, trans lines and shifter. I really need to get this thing cranked up!

xmas 2019 043.JPG

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Nice setup, Mearl :).

How do you heat that space? I'm still looking for an upgrade to my hot water source for the radiant heat. A common 50 gallon residential water heater doesn't quite cut it...

Cheers! TomK

Toms63SSQB

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Nice setup, Mearl :).

How do you heat that space? I'm still looking for an upgrade to my hot water source for the radiant heat. A common 50 gallon residential water heater doesn't quite cut it...

Cheers! TomK
Tom, check this out.

https://www.ecomfort.com/Weil-McLai...Xk9Tk9Hz_tei_NAPFE5CVt_MTD8ywB1EaAnlAEALw_wcB

Tom, one of the problems with a 50 gallon water heater is you have to heat an extra 50 gallons of water. The above boiler is direct fired, no storage.

Last edited:

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Tom, that looks to be a good option. One problem is I am onlly wired for 110V and 220V in that area, and while I have natural gas to the building, that is limited to the upstairs area. I guess I could run a new service to the lower section of the mancave. I keep the services to the upstairs separate from the lower section, as I have a small 900 square foot 2 bedroom rental in part of the upper section. That rental unit has it's own electric/gas/water/sewer services. I only run electric and a separate water/sewer to the mancave portion.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Tom,
here is what I have for my garage - it’s a all electric Envirotech heater (ESI 2000) running off 220. The heater box is 16 inches by 13 1/2 inches by about 2/3” deep.
We do not, have natural gas in our house( have have ground source heating and cooling)

my in-floor garage heat covers 2000 SF and has two zones. I normally only run one zone..it was installed in 2003 no problems ever.

the electric panel that serves it is a Square D - QO Load Center # Q06-12L100S
it has 2 - 30 amp breakers and one 15 amp breaker ( one breaker for each zone from what it looks like)

I can post some pictures of the layout Thursday late , its mounted to the basement wall next to my garage in an area smaller about 3 ft by 5 ft - you would not need two zones like I have.
It was installed by my friend a Local HVAC contactor I have known for many years - he would answer questions for me.

Paul

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Tom, I noted you called last night, will try to connect back up with you today :).

Paul, I am checking out your source, here's a link from 15 years ago that I found :

https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...rotech-Systems-ESI-2000-Tankless-Water-Heater

I do have a small tankless heater that works off 220V that I set up for the office bathroom in the lower portion of the mancave, works great but is quite small. I noted that the article mentions Lowe's as a source for distribution of the ESI 2000, will check into that as well.

It would be a big improvement to have a proper source of heat down there so that I can move about without freezing in the Winter months :).

Cheers! TomK