Looking for opinions

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well the shows I care to go to are ending next month and I have a painter lined up for the near future. I have been driving the Apache daily until my son had his hip replaced and since the begining of this week. I put 5000 miles on it since spring. The body is perfect inside and out with the acception of a set of hood hinges and drivers door alignment. I am looking for ideas for color and emblems on or off. Two tone or single. The wheels are staying the 348 stroker and a 700r4 are going in jan.feb time frame The chassis is already done and perfect as is with a little clean up of road grime. Heres a couple of pics and any ideas will be heard.
020.jpg016.JPG

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
whats wrong with it as is?

you want opinions? warning: they'll all be different.

mine? leave the paint alone and get some more period correct wheels. those star wheels are (IMO) for 1990's cars.

chrome reverse or cragars for me.

bobs409

Administrator
Looks great the way it is!

I think I too would go with a different style wheel. (I'm more old school myself) Not sure what I'd go with. :?

As for color, it would look good in any shade but I can picture it jet black. :deal

Emblems: ON

That's just my opinion.

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'm with Bob Walker with the wheels.I also agree it would look good with Cragars,more era correct as he said.I also agree with Our leader Bob,leave the chrome emblems on,black would be an awesome color as well. The truck looks great now as well,how bads the paint? John

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
:cool:Derry,I'm a BIG fan of the color blue,leave the emblems on,since your going strroker,a couple of 409 emblems wouldn hurt,,peroid correct wheels,just me:crazy

Razorred

my opinion

Truck Looks Good As Is, Buy An Other Old Truck And Use It To Play With. A Grown Man Can Never Have Too Many Toys

Old School

Supporting Member 1
I'm really liking it the way it is too...

But if you want to paint it, my choice would be close to your avatar color. 1957 Chevy Harbor Blue. Black is good too, but it does require a perfect body and a lot of extra work and $$$... :beerbang

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Your truck would look awesome in Black and I am partial to blue as well. I had a truck painted GM's Black Sapphire Metallic several years ago and it gives you the best of both worlds. At night it is black and when light hits it it turns a deep dark blue. I got the color from a 1996 Impala SS

Chrome emblems are a must. Chrome is what the older cars and trucks are known for.

To give you an idea of the color, here is a pic of a volvo with it.

attachment.php

3065441296_92edd596dc_b.jpg

bigblockwilly

Well Known Member
My dad has a 55 stepside that he had painted a gm color called Rasberry they used it on berettas in the mid 90's its a really nice color ill see if i can find a pic for you.
JMHO
Willy

bigblockwilly

Well Known Member
I couldent find a pic of his truck in the color but heres some pics of the color on a caviler

Attachments

• raspberry.jpg
    raspberry.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 18
  • raspberry2.jpg
    raspberry2.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 26
S

Swiss Impala

This colour would be nice for Paris Hilton, not the car, should be a Bentley!:crazy:D

bigblockwilly

Well Known Member
Its a really bad pic its just the only one that I could find, you kinda have to account for the 10 plus years of paint fade. The color is accually much darker than that and it really pops in the sun the color is kind of in between a bright red and maroon.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Its a really bad pic its just the only one that I could find, you kinda have to account for the 10 plus years of paint fade. The color is accually much darker than that and it really pops in the sun the color is kind of in between a bright red and maroon.

Dang,,, you would have to wear a Tutu to drive a car with that color!!!:roll

Would be great if you lived in San Fran!!!:cool:

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Saw one of these the other day and fell in love with the color,,
darker then the picture in real life and looks black at night!!

Unreal going under the street lights!!

I'm thinking about painting my Rambler or next bike this color,,,
Click on "LE" model and the Spruce Mica,,,

http://www.toyota.com/camry/exterior-360.html

Attachments

• photo_6.jpg
    photo_6.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 23

bigblockwilly

Well Known Member
sorry about that guys I talked with a body and paint guy and he said there is a light an dark verison of the color produced by GM. The pics i showed were the light ones hers a pic of the dark raspberry.
Willy

Attachments

• rasburry.jpg
    rasburry.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 26
S

Swiss Impala

This colour looks great. Years ago we had a Pontiac Fiero with a similar
colour. What a difference between this and "Paris' choice" :D :D

bigblockwilly

Well Known Member
yeah the color really looked good on my dads 55 stepside wish I had a pic I could put on the computer. Im just glad i found the right color its ben a while sence he had his truck but yes the camaro is the Dark Raspberry that he used.

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The votes are in

:clap I like Brain's color best and will keep the emblems. I am still looking for wheels that fit that mid 70's Hot Rod theme so if anyone has pics of wheels from that era please post. I plan to gas tank in back and a piece of polished diamond plate in the bed with a removable wood floor if I go to shows. Getting rid of the rachet shifter and go back on the columb. Inside the cab black metal gray cloth. The one thing that drives me nuts is no door mirrors and the ones that belong are almost worthless for use.