Looking for this paint code 61 Impala

Impalabricker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hell0o fellas, I'm posting for a friend who is searching for this paint type for his 61 Convertible. Obviously they told him they don't make that anymore so Im wondering what you guys use as an alternate that comes close? The code is P915

Thanks

Attachments

• FullSizeR(3).jpg
    FullSizeR(3).jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9428.jpg
    IMG_9428.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9429.jpg
    IMG_9429.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 1961-chevrolet-impala.jpg
    1961-chevrolet-impala.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 25

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I have had good luck with NCS (National Coatings and Supplies) for converting old paint codes to modern paint mixes.

El Rat

Well Known Member
I had local auto parts “shoot” my dash with a camera and then mix up the correct color. Perfect match. Doesn’t help much if you can’t drive it.

Impalabricker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The car is primered now, he had a local shop mix him a batch that looked strikingly different from what he told them he needed. I'll have him get ahold of National Coating. Thanks guys

El Rat

Well Known Member
The color mixed up via my data plate did not look close however the color mixed using the “camera” was spot on!

ragtp66

Well Known Member
When a paint "system" is retired the chemistry involved no longer exists so you may never get exactly what you were after no matter if your using a color spectrometer or other devices. Cay Coral on 58 Chevy's is an example of a color that is VERY difficult to get correct. Most modern paint systems cannot even come close no matter how much you try to adjust the formulas.