Lost another one

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
:cry
Ray has been my friend since '79. he will be sorely missed. had a beer lunch with him not too long ago. he owned a body shop in frederick near me. did a fair amount of fun stuff and work together. did'nt know he was sick before this post today. met him when my boss decided to let somebody else drive the BB/FC corvette we built called the "Malco Super Vette" (you may remember a model of it). then we switched it from chevy power to one of Bill Barrett's hemis leftover from Bunny Burketts FC. we changed the name to "Proud American" it went 7.70 @ 183. not bad for a door car in those days.
when Ray did the famous fire burnout, it was mostly by accident. a fuel leak and a crew member who lit it too soon nearly cooked Him.
Dammit..............i didnt know this till today. better find the funeral and attend.

Attachments

• blackmag.jpg
    blackmag.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 74
  • MALCOV~1.jpg
    MALCOV~1.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 109

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
just got back from the viewing. sorry to see RC go. the lobby was like a who's who of east coast drag racers. Nelson Grimes brought a fuel hemi aluminum con-rod. we all signed it and placed it in with Ray.
Those of you who knew him...........he will probably break it , and it will be sticking out the side of the coffin.
Friday is the funeral.

NITROFC

Well Known Member
I tried to make the viewing but do to biz ..I was unable to attend .. RC was one of the best EC match racers in FC we ran aginst him many times and became close friends during that time...RIP RC you will be with good company...