Lucky!!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Just watching the Winter Nationals on TV................a top fuel dragster just completely broke apart. And the driver is OK. UNBELIEVABLE!!! Watch ESPN or Speedvision to see it. Incredible the safety in these cars now.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
If that's the same clip I believe it was Hillary Wills testing last week at Las Vegas. The tire delaminated and took out the wing, things got real messy real fast after that. She actually walked away from the seat after it stopped skidding down the left side of the track. The emergency personnel had to insist she go to the hospital to be checked out.
Shows how well these cars are designed and put together!
:clap

Tony Salins

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
If that's the same clip I believe it was Hillary Wills testing last week at Las Vegas. The tire delaminated and took out the wing, things got real messy real fast after that. She actually walked away from the seat after it stopped skidding down the left side of the track. The emergency personnel had to insist she go to the hospital to be checked out.
Shows how well these cars are designed and put together!
:clap

Yes it does show how well these cars are built BUT it also shows the how tough and dedicated Hillary Wills is.:bow

Oh by the way the next weekend she got back into a TF Dragster and qualified for the Winternationals!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
you moved????

Tony:

What took you out of the north and brought you to Oklahoma????

Tony Salins

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Phil,

Several things kind of happened all at once. I was very tired of long cold snowy winters in Chicago and had wanted to go Southwest for a long time. We were just waiting for Bonnie to retire when a teaching job came open at the University of Oklahoma that I just couldn't pass up. They tell me that this has been an unusually cold winter, I guess I brought it with me. The last reason for the move was the cost of living was getting out of hand in Chicago. I've brought a house here in Ok. with a 30x50 man shed, a 1 1/2 car detached garage and a 2 1/2 car attached garage. I could never have afforded that in Chicago. Anyway that is why we are here in Ok.

Tony

P.S. Oh yeh, the tracks are open a lot longer here; Feburary to December!