M/T ET street radial tire pressure?????

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hi Guys, any suggestions?

I have switched from a slick to a M/T et street radial and I just can't seem to get them to hook up. What pressure in the new radial should I be aiming for? :scratch

The rear end geometry is stock. I run QA1 double adjustable shocks front and rear. Car is a 3900lb stick shift.

Has any one had the same experience with the ET street radials. The car has alot more power now due to the M/T cross ram but I can't get the power to the ground. :doh

chevytaylor

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I run M&H Racemasters DOT street 275/75/15s. I run 25 lbs street/strip. 60' times are 1.7s. I tried running as little as 16 lbs but it got a little out of shape at the big end.

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks for the input. I was down to 13psi and up to 16 without any traction. I'll try more pressure and go from there. Ran a 12.3 @ 110 last wednesday night. It seems to be a completely different set up to a full slick tune. :scratch :)

bubbletop1961

Well Known Member
Thanks bubbletop1961, that was through full street exhaust, pump gas and no traction. :rolleyes:

Maybe I should think about raising the upper control arm positions on the diff like you did. dunno
What psi do you run in your M/T et street meats.

It likes 16psi in the et streets. Anything less and the 60' starts droping and vice versa. Your set up sounds cool as hell. All my times are like yours. 100% street trim. The only thing I do is turn up the rev limiters. The upper bracket seemed to make a small differance. If your looking for just a little more it might be the way to go. Ive always heard the radials can be just as fast or faster but there is a smaller window in the chassis setup. A little less room for error.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
With my DOT Hoosiers i run 28# on the street and about 15# at the strip with plenty of traction ! Like no spin,,,
I can spin them on the street at 28#

I think with you running a stick you would have a tuffer time with traction.

BTW,, I run about the same times,,